The director is responsible for advancing defined objectives through strategic, effective, and professional coordination with internal and external constituents. In collaboration with Academics, Admissions, Advancement, Athletics, Campus Store, Parent’s Association, the President’s Office, and other administrative units, the director will work with SJB’s marketing partner to support and meet the school’s business objections. The director will need excellent writing and editorial skills, compose appropriate messaging, and convey an image that fosters positive relationships. The director will report to and be supported by our partner’s in-house marketing team.
- Coordinate and draft relevant and compelling content for each of the schools’ significant areas
- Identify, develop, and coordinate content for social media campaigns, newsletters, communications, and feature stories.
- Website – edit and post on the school’s website to communicate and engage with each of the school’s audiences.
- Gather information for the development of promotional materials, including brochures, admission print pieces
- Collaborates with the marketing partner and SJB to project manage the facilitation of questionnaires, surveys, directory listings, annual report, alumni e-letters
Website Coordination and Support
- Responsible for updating the school’s website with content provided by SJB and the marketing team that is engaging, timely, and accurate.
- Continuously review the SJB website for marketing content opportunities. Schedule and capture content. Daily activities may consist of refreshing photos, content, calendars, and videos is critical
- Captures, stores, catalogs, and maintains image/photo sources for marketing and social media projects and tasks.
- Support and coordinate email campaigns from SJB internal resources and marketing team identified campaigns.
- Support, calendar, and coordinate Campus store promotions
- Produce flyers and signage as needed for facilities, campus, and events.
- Work with the marketing team to develop a Social Media strategy for admissions, academics, campus store, special events, athletics, advancement, and other school programs or departments.
- Responsible for implementing (calendar and postings) the strategy while managing the school’s social media accounts and calendars.
- Work with internal departments, students, and administration to collect images, videos, and create content to be posted and distributed through SJB social media channels.
- Collecting information, coordinate, and project manage the production and design of print and web-based materials, including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, emails, posters, signage, and large-scale facility graphics.
- Develop and provide project management in the support of graphic packages produced by marketing team (typically outsourced) on a timely basis for enrollment, special events, and seasonal campaigns
Communications and Brand Identity
- Works with SJB marketing services partner to review content and/or use of branding associated with SJB logos, merchandise, uniforms, and materials representing St. John Bosco and map to brand usage guidelines.
- Support the revision of mass communication to parents and other constituencies to ensure consistency and appropriate messaging.
- Works with partner and the leadership team (administration, division / department heads) to support the creation of communications for high-priority, organization-wide initiatives.
- Becomes the ‘central source’ for all internal communication, a starting point to all employees.
- Collaborates with partner and management for crisis communication.
- Works with SJB marketing partner and management to develop a budget for the department.
- Review content and/or branding associated with logos, merchandise, uniforms, and materials representing St. John Bosco and map to brand usage guidelines.
- Becomes the ‘central source’ for all internal communication starting point to all employees.
- Research, collect information, and builds reports on SJB’s competition.
- Coordinates with partner and management team for crisis communication.
- Initiate and cultivate positive and effective relationships with various community individuals as well as internal stakeholders.
- Maintain email and marketing automation editorial calendar to produce content with the support of marketing partner for SJB channels proactively.
Education & Experience – Minimum
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, digital media, or a related field). Other related credentials or certifications will be considered.
- Minimum two years professional experience, preferably in the non-profit or school sector, or a combination of education and relevant experiences
- Ability to create and write content
- Must be able to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with colleagues both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and MS Office
- Proficiency in creating content, project management, and analyzing data on social media channels and email platforms, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with FinalSite, Canva, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred.
- Graphic Design (photography and video skills a plus)
- Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills
- Experience using and managing web-based databases
- Understanding of Google analytics
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Days and hours of work will vary based on the needs of the school calendar, special events, and as job duties demand. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as well as off-campus locations.
Please include a cover letter and resume addressing your interest and qualifications for the position. Please submit all materials as a single attachment to your email. Email your attachment to: Rosa Solares (firstname.lastname@example.org). For best consideration, please submit applications materials no later than July 15, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Job Category: Communications and Creative Services
Reports To: Vice President Marketing of SJB’s Marketing Services Partner, AIS
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time, 12-Month
Location: St. John Bosco High School, Bellflower, CA
Residing in a suburb of greater Los Angeles and working within the Trinity League for Athletics, St. John Bosco High School has built a reputation based on its mission to educate young men with rigorous academics, provide faith and formation through the Salesian doctrine and compete nationally in athletics. We strive to change young men’s lives, enrich futures and equip leaders for our global society.
The ideal candidate will steward relationships with staff and faculty in multiple areas and at various levels to achieve execution and dissemination in person, in print, and online. They will contribute to a collaborative work environment and bring stakeholders with divergent views to actionable consensus in service of our business goals. They will also have the courage to ask questions, share ideas, and try new ways of working.
*St. John Bosco High School and AIS (SJB’s Marketing Services Partner) are equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employers.
St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower)
13640 Bellflower Blvd
Bellflower, CA email@example.com