Chaminade College Preparatory is seeking a DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT to join Chaminade’s Advancement team in support of our alumni engagement and giving programs.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Development, Alumni Engagement is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Chaminade alumni engagement program. The Director implements multiple activities throughout the year fostering alumni engagement and promoting a culture of philanthropy within the Chaminade alumni community. A key emphasis of this position is the development of major donors from within the alumni community. Additional duties include supporting the functions of annual, major gift and capital campaigns as well as special events, volunteer management, development of collateral materials, and donor stewardship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the philosophy, principles, and characteristics of Marianist education. Assures quality services to students, faculty, staff, parents, outside organizations, and the community. Practices sound economic principles.
2. Prepares and implements an annual Alumni Engagement Plan that establishes qualitative and quantitative goals.
3. Engages with constituents on a regular basis (alumni, alumni parents, and friends) to increase their connection to and financial support for Chaminade and all its programs and activities.
4. Provides leadership to the Alumni Council and develops meaningful alumni engagement opportunities throughout the year for alumni, both locally and regionally. This includes but is not limited to local and regional receptions, alumni athletic events, alumni volunteerism opportunities.
5. Plans and implements Alumni Reunion Weekend; including Homecoming, Class Reunions, and the Reunion Giving Program.
6. Plans and implements Annual Alumni Appeal and Challenge using direct mail, email and digital strategies.
7. Organizes strategic alumni recognition opportunities throughout the year; including, but not limited to, the Alumni Hall of Fame Awards.
8. Manages a portfolio of alumni donors and major gift prospects capable of supporting the school at the leadership level (President’s Circle) and above, personally or through scheduling meetings with the Vice President and/or President as appropriate.
9. Coordinates effective solicitation and stewardship strategies in order to expand the school’s outreach and increase alumni participation to the Chaminade Fund; including the Senior Class Gift Program.
10. Collaborates with colleagues and volunteers to develop regular alumni communications that include relevant content for Chaminade Now, email updates, and social media outreach.
11. Works closely with the Database Coordinator to ensure alumni information is accurate and up-to-date.
12. Manages and maintains all aspects of the Alumni program budget.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time 12 month per year, salaried position. This position is exempt from overtime. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
• Share God’s love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
• Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
• Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education
Chaminade’s mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
• Educating for Formation in Faith
• Providing an Integral Quality Education
• Educating in Family Spirit
• Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
• Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade’s Commitment to Diversity
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade’s faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
Qualified candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in advancement, development, public relations, event management, or related field.
• Familiarity with Chaminade community and constituents.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Passion for Chaminade’s mission (see About Chaminade)
• Conscientious in execution of duties with a strong attention to detail
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of and ability to maintain an information database
• Strong organizational, research, administrative, and time management skills
• Ability to effectively lead and manage staff and volunteers
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong office skills used in daily correspondence and publications, including spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills, and the ability to proof and edit work
• Maintains a results-oriented mindset to effectively work with staff and constituents at all levels
• Ability to influence and engage a wide range of constituents and build long-term relationships
• Ability to work and engage productively with volunteers, donors, alumni, students, and other departments within the school
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a member of a team
• Ability to handle deadlines and stressful situations in a calm, orderly, and accurate manner
• Ability to maintain confidential office information, including donors, contributions, and all constituent information
• Ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment; to prioritize and organize workload to complete assignments in a timely manner, and to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
• Commitment to continued professional growth and development in order to maintain and upgrade relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities
Chaminade College Preparatory (Chatsworth)
10210 Oakdale Ave
Chatsworth, CA email@example.com