Chaminade College Preparatory is seeking a DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING for our high school campus in West Hills, California. With responsibility for the oversight and leadership of all aspects of the high school Counseling Department, the Director will advance the Catholic Marianist mission of the school and coordinate programs such as college counseling, academic and personal guidance, mental health programs, and parent/student education programs. This is a full-time position serving approximately 1,200 students in grades 9-12.
Deadline for Submission of Application:
This position is open until filled. To ensure consideration, applications should be received by the end of the day on July 8, 2022.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a salaried/exempt from overtime 12 month per year position. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
– Share God’s love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
– Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
– Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education:
Chaminade’s mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
– Educating for Formation in Faith
– Providing an Integral Quality Education
– Educating in Family Spirit
– Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
– Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade’s Commitment to Diversity:
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade’s faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
– Bachelors degree required. Master’s Degree in School Counseling, Social Work, or Clinical/Counseling Psychology preferred. MFT License and/or California School Counseling Credential also preferred.
– Prior experience providing school counseling in a private and/or Catholic high school preferred.
– Has a passion for working with, forming, and developing high school students.
– Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
– Is able to interpret, apply, and explain rules, policies, and procedures to students, faculty, staff, and administration.
– Is patient, tactful, courteous, and compassionate.
– Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
– Possesses strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe, Student Information System, Microsoft and Google Forms, among others).
– Wants to work in a setting committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion of all school stakeholders.
– Wants to work in a setting committed to balancing teaching/learning, health, and well-being of all stakeholders.
– Participates in and attends campus life events, including supervision, lunch activities, liturgies, assemblies, retreats, etc.
Chaminade College Preparatory (Chatsworth)
10210 Oakdale Ave
Chatsworth, CA firstname.lastname@example.org