Director of Community & Alumni Relations
St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy (PMA) seeks an enthusiastic and strategic-minded Director of Community & Alumni Relations to lead its efforts in fostering strong relationships and increasing engagement among relevant community stakeholders and alumni. The Director will report to the President and collaborate with the school’s Advancement team. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and creative individual with a passion for growing and maximizing the impact of the St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy network to advance its mission.
1. In collaboration with the President, develop and implement a comprehensive community and alumni engagement strategy that aligns with PMA’s mission.
2. Foster positive relationships with current students, parents, alumni, donors, and other stakeholders.
3. Develop and reach yearly engagement and fund development targets pertaining to community & alumni relations.
4. Build and maintain meaningful relationships with alumni, keep them engaged, and encourage their support for fundraising and mentorship.
5. Create opportunities for community engagement that integrates the academic and co-curricular programs.
6. Plan, organize, and host events that enhance engagement, such as networking receptions, galas, alumni weekends, career panels, parent association fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities.
7. Cultivate a vibrant sense of community on campus through events, activities, and initiatives that foster student involvement, parent participation, and a strong campus spirit.
Implement communication strategies in collaboration with the appropriate staff, including social media, newsletters, press releases, and other mediums, to effectively engage with the school community and alumni.
8. Utilize data and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of engagement initiatives and make data-driven improvements.
9. Collaborate with the advancement team to identify and capitalize on fundraising opportunities that align with community and alumni engagement efforts.
10. Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure PMA is at the forefront of community and alumni relations.
11. Serve as a liaison between the school and its stakeholders, acting as a bridge to facilitate meaningful interactions and partnerships.
12. Establish and maintain a strong presence within the local community, fostering connections that benefit the school’s reputation and reach.
13. Collaborate with the President to solicit funding and close prospective donors.
14. Performs any other duties assigned by the Principal
1. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
1. Proven experience in community engagement, alumni relations, or a related field.
3. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
4. Ability to articulate and promote the value of Catholic education.
5. Strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute comprehensive engagement efforts.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with teams
7. Proficiency in leveraging technology and digital platforms for engagement purposes.
8. Experience in event planning, project management, and data analysis.
9. Willingness to travel locally and attend evening and night events on and off campus.
10. Knowledge of the education sector and a deep understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities within a school community.
11. Passion for cultivating relationships with diverse stakeholders and creating an inclusive environment.
12. Strong ethical standards and a commitment to upholding PMA’s values and mission.
13. Preferred: Spanish Fluency
14. Preferred: Practicing Roman Catholic
Please send a cover letter, resume, and reference list to: email@example.com. Include “Director of Community & Alumni Relations” in the subject line.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy (Downey)
7851 Gardendale St
Downey, CA firstname.lastname@example.org