Notre Dame Academy Schools of Los Angeles (NDASLA) are seeking a full-time athletic director to serve the elementary, middle, and high schools for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Director of Athletics manages the athletics programs for Notre Dame Academy (NDA) high school and Notre Dame Academy Elementary (NDAE) school. This position also manages the coaches, coordinates the athletic programs for students and contributes to the overall positive growth and development of NDA. This position requires evening and weekend commitments.
Essential Position Responsibilities
• Develop, manage, and supervise developmentally appropriate athletic and PE programs in line with the school’s overall educational mission and goals
• Recruit, hire, and onboard competent and properly trained coaches
• Manage student athletes, parents, and coaches
• Communicate with students and parents and respond to inquiries timely
• Coordinate team travel and transportation
• Manage sport, facility, and officials scheduling
• Manage athletics budgets, income and spending
• Oversee the distribution, collection, storage, upkeep and replacement of all school athletic uniforms and equipment including the weight room
• Represent NDA at all league and athletic associations, attend association meetings, and complete paperwork for CIF/CYO/FIYA/NDA
• Update and manage social media for athletics
• Manage the athletes in the Action Club
• Maintain accurate records of team and individual athletic statistics/accomplishments
• Model the values of and support the teachings of the Catholic Church
• Support building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, faculty and staff
Join a community of like-minded professionals as the director of athletics at Notre Dame Academy Schools of Los Angeles in West Los Angeles. NDASLA consists of an all-girls high school and a coed TK-8 school. NDASLA nurtures the development of the whole person by recognizing the dignity, uniqueness, and potential of each student. In support of the educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, we aim for all of our faculty, staff, and administrators to be learners, experts, and community builders. We are committed to providing a diverse and equitable learning environment and workplace for students and employees who are Black, indigenous, and people of color. Learn more about our community at ndasla.org.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in which you address your qualifications as a highly effective athletic director. Write “Athletic Director” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Enthusiasm for athletics and the positive effects they can have on students
• Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers and parents
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly ethical team player
• High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize
• Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration (preferred), Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Fitness, or Education specializing in interscholastic athletic leadership
• At least four years progressive experience in Athletics; background in athletic training
• Experience coaching elementary, middle and/or high school age children in a variety of sports activities
• Experience scheduling and organizing multiple teams and coaches
• Strong references for administrative abilities, connection with students, and coaching
• Experience with creating a budget and maintaining finances for an athletic department
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Notre Dame Academy Schools of Los Angeles (West LA) (Los Angeles)
2851 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com