Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation, and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
The position is a full-time, classified, exempt position with an annual salary and benefits (including healthcare insurance and a retirement savings plan). The staff member will report directly to the CEO & President. Assignments tied to both roles include preparation and execution of events, assisting with special project coordination, scheduling, and other assignments as assigned. This person will coordinate the development of relationships with alumni, community members, faculty & staff representatives, and other key constituents as assigned. The key to success will be working in a team-oriented manner. Confidentiality is mandatory for this role.
EVENTS & ALUMNI DIRECTOR (50%/50%)
- Direct, coordinate, manage and assist staffing for events.
- Primary contact person and on-site coordinator for events coordinated by the Office of the President as assigned.
Budget and Financial Responsibility:
- Manage budget for the events to ensure operational context is met and budgets for revenue or expenses are posted appropriately.
- Handle credit card, purchase orders, and check requests for event and alumni expenses and assist in noting and recognizing in cooperation with Philanthropy (Fundraising) and Business Office revenues and supports/stakeholders.
- Create new events and experiences to attract current stakeholders (alumni, parents, and the school community).
- Engage cross-functionally with other department leadership to cohesively execute major annual fundraisers.
- Craft programs and experiences that build or re-energize alumni groups and design and develop a cultivation process for building an alumni association
- Source and execute opportunities for alumni engagement – citywide and outside of the Los Angeles area (around sports seasons, holidays, etc.)
- Reinvigorate existing initiatives, building on their established successes and bringing innovative, fresh ideas to advance the objective.
- Direct alumni and parent volunteer efforts for events, mailings, and other approved communications.
- Engagement and Development: Build relationships actively to grow and develop event participation and engagement.
- Proficiency in data and account management.
- Develop reports as necessary and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree program, with experience in Alumni and Events (Golf Tournament and special event management) and an understanding of Hospitality, Marketing, and Communications
- 2-3 years of experience in alumni relations, event planning or have a background in an educational sector
- High degree of professionalism
- High degree of written and oral presentations skills to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Event coordination skills
- Strong database coordination skills
- Photography skills are a plus but not required
- Having a passion for helping the school is essential
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours; late night and weekend hours are required.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA email@example.com