Full-time Salaried Exempt Position
Start date: January 2022
St. Mary’s Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced Director of Admissions who will lead the school’s recruitment initiatives and direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory high school for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, that shapes women of distinction who are committed to lifelong learning and service to the “dear neighbor”. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure St. Mary’s Academy meets enrollment objectives. The ideal candidate will be a data driven decision maker and a creative leader in admission, recruitment and retention. The Director will develop and lead inclusive outreach efforts to attract, enroll, and retain promising students from diverse families to the school who both thrive as part of the school community, and in turn contribute to their local and global communities. The Director should be a team player who is collaborative, has a positive energy, possesses superior organization and prioritization skills, and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff and administrators and ultimately be able to manage expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
● BA/BS, MA/MBA preferred.
● Strongly prefer at least three (3) years experience in admissions and school marketing.
● Strongly prefer Bilingual in Spanish
● Flexible schedule that allows for seasonal evening and weekend hours when high school nights and other outreach events take place
● Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
● Lead the development, communication, and implementation of a strategic, multi-year admissions and enrollment plan.
● Represent St. Mary’s Academy and serve as the face of the school to the broader community and with prospective families while communicating the school’s mission.
● Engage and inform prospective parents and students about St. Mary’s Academy and the benefits of a St. Mary’s education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
● Inspire the community to actively participate in admissions events including individual and group tours, student shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interview, parent to parent connections, and individual family conversations.
● Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including schools, consultants, and other admissions directors while creating networking opportunities.
● Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
● Oversee and participate in the development of admissions materials, events and marketing practices.
● Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
● Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
● Manage admissions staff including providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
● Manage the admissions budget.
● Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy, 701 Grace Avenue, Inglewood, CA 90301 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
● Resume outlining qualifications and related background
● Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy and how you envision marketing the school to prospective families
● Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA email@example.com