Reports to Director of Administration and Communications Coordinator
Position Summary: The Digital Media Assistant provides support to the Communications Coordinator by providing the parish communication and technological support utilizing established print and digital media including Sunday bulletin, mid-week digital bulletin, social media, video and streaming technologies. Creating marketing and Religious content for our social media, website and printed material.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Video recording, editing, and streaming: Streaming Mass and special parish wide events and liturgies. Record and edit video content and scheduling Streams. This includes preparing equipment for taping, making sure everything is fully charged, and all items are in place and set up to record. Creating animated intro/outro for videos as needed while maintaining the parish branding.
• Assist in maintaining web/app content and executing social media strategies
Maintain active and engaging presence on social media platforms, maintaining the current parish branding. Responsible for producing and publishing a calendar for daily social media content release across all office platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Create content development, planning scheduling posts for upcoming events: Support various parish ministries with planning and communication needs.
• Participate in parish events to capture and generate content (pictures, videos, interviews) for future marketing strategies.
• Assist on printed marketing campaigns: Flyers, Posters, Prayer Cards, etc.
• Assist on Weekly Sunday Bulletins and Midweek Bulletins as needed.
• Understanding and familiarity with Parish Mission, media, & branding.
• Research, report findings and make recommendations on communication trends and technologies.
• Fulfill other related duties as may be necessary and assigned by the Communications Coordinator.
Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Must present a professional and pastoral presence and work to stated goals and objectives of the parish.
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively without close supervision and to work well with others and work well in a team effort.
• Should be able to react quickly and with flexibility to meet needs in an active and dynamic environment.
• Proficient with all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact, etc.
• Skilled in MS Office, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Final Cut Pro X/Premier
• Ability to create and publish original high-quality content on a variety of social media channels, relevant to our parish culture and events.
• Familiar with website design, email marketing software and html code.
• Create video and able to film and edit.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Excellent writing and editorial skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with all staff and priests.
• Familiarity with the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Must be a practicing Catholic.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in communications, theological and liturgical experience, or related field preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, or related field preferred.
Liturgical experience preferred.
Please email resume and any relevant documents to: email@example.com
Holy Name of Mary Parish (San Dimas)
724 E Bonita Ave
San Dimas, CA firstname.lastname@example.org