* The Development Director has primary responsibility for “raising friends and funds” for Saint Frances X. Cabrini School.
* Working closely with and reporting to the School Principal, the Development Director will conduct fundraising activities with the primary objective of bridging the gap between tuition payments and the cost of educating students and operating the school.
* The Development Director will also engage in marketing and communications on behalf of the school in connection with these fundraising activities.
* The position supports the efforts of the Development Committee by collaborating on development goals and activities, identifying, and recruiting potential Development Committee members, and preparing agendas, minutes and reports for Development Committee meetings.
* The Development Director position is a 25-hour per week, non-exempt role requiring a minimum of two in-person workdays per week. * * *Compensation commensurate with experience and success at meeting development goals.
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work independently and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision while managing competing priorities and multiple deadlines. Creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility, and professionalism are expected attributes of a successful candidate.
The position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior work and/or volunteer experience in fundraising
Additional desired qualifications:
• Experience with Donor Perfect software or a similar donor database
• Experience with researching and writing grant applications
• Familiarity with Catholic schools and the Los Angeles Catholic community
Physical Activities Required
• Sitting at a desk
• Computer work
• Standing and Walking
• Driving to appointments
• Speaking with donors by phone and in person
• Sedentary work requiring up to 10 pounds of lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying
• Visual work including analysis of date, composing letters, reading and website usage
• Attending meetings in person and/or virtually
Resume and cover letter should be sent via e-mail to the position recruiter:
Julie Dwyer on behalf of Mrs. Carmen O. Hart, Principal email@example.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Frances X. Cabrini School (Los Angeles)
1428 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org