Full Time Non-Exempt Position
St. Mary’s Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced Development Associate with a specialty in Alumnae Relations and Foundation Stewardship. St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory high school for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, that shapes women of distinction who are committed to lifelong learning and service to the “dear neighbor”.
The Development Associate for Alumnae Relations & Foundation Stewardship will be responsible for engagement, solicitation, and stewardship with alumnae of St. Mary’s Academy. He/she is charged with the development and management of engagement programs focused on increasing depth and diversity of relationships within SMA. The Development Associate for Alumnae Relations & Foundation Stewardship will implement alumnae engagement strategies, as well as outreach and fundraising programs. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Development, he/she is responsible for building the SMA Alumnae Association. In addition, the Development Associate for Alumnae Relations & Foundation Stewardship also manages the reporting of student scholarships to Foundations and Individual Donors.
Specific Responsibilities include:
50% Alumnae Relations
• Develop engagement, solicitation, and stewardship strategies to increase depth and diversity of alumnae relationships.
• Increase alumnae participation with both financial and nonfinancial opportunities (e.g., annual giving, planned giving, reunions, alumnae programs, and other events).
• Develop and contribute alumnae content for SMA publications, the planned giving portal, and website.
• Collaborate with the Alumnae Association to build structure and increase representation.
• Manage and oversee Alumnae updates, surveys and on-going communications to all classes.
• Coordinate and oversee annual alumnae directory updates and distribution.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development, develop and produce metrics on alumnae participation, engagement activities with SMA, and tracking alumnae career paths and milestones.
40% Foundation Stewardship
• Develop and maintain calendar system for Foundation Pipeline & Reports.
• Prepare student progress reports to donors funding Scholarships & Financial Aid.
• Manage annual recognition of Corporate & Foundation Partners.
• Manage and oversee timely distribution of annual student “Thank You” Letters to Foundations and Individual Donors.
• Respond to donor requests, as assigned.
10% Development Administration, as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and/or Principal.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy through email to Kris Anderson, Vice Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Resume outlining qualifications and related background
• Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy
• Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA email@example.com