St Joseph the Worker School seeks an enthusiastic, caring person to assist with the afternoon daycare program.
As an After-School Daycare Assistant for an elementary school, your primary responsibility will be to provide a safe, nurturing, and engaging environment for students during the after-school hours. You will work closely with the daycare coordinator and other staff members to ensure the well-being and enrichment of the children in your care.
- Supervision and Safety: Monitor and ensure the safety of children at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Create a secure and structured environment to prevent accidents and incidents.
- Homework Assistance: Offer support to students in completing their homework assignments and assist with understanding concepts when necessary.
- Recreational Activities: Organize and lead age-appropriate games, arts and crafts, and recreational activities that promote social interaction, creativity, and physical development.
- Snack Supervision: Oversee snack and mealtime (on minimum days), making sure children are following proper dining etiquette.
- Behavioral Guidance: Implement positive behavior management techniques to encourage good behavior and handle any disciplinary issues in a fair and consistent manner.
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with parents, guardians, and school staff regarding the students’ behavior and any pertinent information.
- Safety Protocols: Familiarize yourself with emergency procedures, including evacuation plans, and be prepared to implement them when necessary.
- Cleanliness and Organization: Ensure the daycare space is clean, organized, and conducive to learning and play.
This role offers a wonderful opportunity to make a positive impact on young children’s lives, fostering their growth, and providing essential support in a safe and caring environment after their regular school hours.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in childcare or related fields are a plus.
- Prior experience working with children, preferably in a daycare, after-school program, or summer camp setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with children, parents, and fellow staff members.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic first aid and CPR certification, or willingness to obtain one.
- Background check and fingerprint clearance required.
- Virtus Certification required (will be provided when hired)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Joseph the Worker School (Winnetka)
19812 Cantlay St.
Winnetka, CA firstname.lastname@example.org