The Database Manager is responsible for data entry/gift processing, invoicing, report production and analysis for the Advancement Department. This position is also responsible for producing and mailing donor acknowledgments, tax receipts, and other donor requests, as directed. This position works with the Director of Advancement to maintain donor files and student progress reports to Foundations. In addition, this position maintains the calendar system for SMA reporting on funding submissions, due dates for grant reports, and other stewardship reports. This position reports to the Director of Advancement.
● 70% Database Management
o Oversee all donor tracking systems and ensure proper data management standards, safety, and confidentiality.
▪ Constituent management, including but not limited to, gifts and records, contact preferences, notes, and digital record keeping for donor histories and financial audits.
▪ Work to ensure that all gifts of current and deferred assets (i.e., cash, stock, DAF funds, and other in-kind gifts – as well as bequests and pledges) – are properly recorded and acknowledged.
▪ Coordinate with the Director of Advancement and the Finance Department to ensure accuracy of revenue, monthly reconciliations, audit inquiries, and response(s) to donor inquiries.
o Responsible for gift processing
o Prepares donor lists and donor reports on department goals, trends, and fundraisers.
o Coordinate and test all Advancement technology updates.
o Ensure accurate and timely data. Pull and generate reports.
o Create and run queries for mailing/contact lists, and various financial reports
o Generate pledge reports, tracking outstanding gifts, and data extractions as needed for reporting and donor recognition.
o Update Advancement dashboards for internal, external, and board reporting.
● 30% Stewardship
o Maintain calendar system for Foundation Funding and sequent reporting requirements.
o Manage Foundation reporting on grants in collaboration with Director of Advancement.
o Prepare and submit student progress reports to Scholarship & Financial Aid donors.
o Work in collaboration with the Director of Advancement to develop and send all segmented acknowledgement letters
o Manages the mailing distribution of the alumnae and school publications, Annual Giving Appeal, and other significant mailings to SMA constituents and friends.
o Manage and reconcile Department purchase orders.
o Coordinates and assists as needed to support events, donor engagement, outreach, and other fundraising functions.
o Respond to donor requests, as assigned
● Three to five years of related experience with donor database administration.
● General knowledge and understanding development terms, such as “moves management”.
● Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and working knowledge of Windows.
● Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, interpersonal, professional, excellent verbal, and written (including editing) skills.
● High degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
● Availability to work weekends and evening hours on occasion in support of SMA events.
● Non-profit experience and a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references via email to Danese Bardot, JD, CFRE, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins or telephone calls.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy, 701 Grace Avenue, Inglewood, CA 90301 or through email at email@example.com:
● Resume outlining qualifications and related background
● Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy
● Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org