American Martyrs is a dynamic Catholic community seeking a faith-filled, self-starter who can accurately manage our parishioner information and proactively utilize our church management software to encourage engagement, communicate gratitude, and promote generosity and stewardship. The Data and Development Manager will support our pastor, business manager, parish staff, ministry leaders and volunteers in fulfilling our mission to be a welcoming community, helping one another to live and witness to our faith in Christ, so that through our actions God’s love prevails.
The Data and Development Manager will, among other things:
- Input and update parishioner information;
- Record parishioner contributions and provide acknowledgements;
- Create and manage forms for events and registrations;
- Segment data and manage groups;
- Analyze data to identify giving and engagement opportunities;
- Creatively use church management software and personal invitation to help encourage giving and engagement.
Qualifications of our ideal candidate include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a course of study related to Business, Accounting or Database Management;
- At least 2 years of experience in data management, development or related fields;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to independently assess, initiate, implement programs and initiatives and recruit, train, and supervise staff and volunteers;
- Problem solving skills in a compassionate and pastoral manner;
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal, electronic and written forms;
- Proficiency in relevant software applications including Google Apps, Microsoft Office with experience using data management software preferred; ability to learn and effectively use Elexio Community Church Management Software;
- Experience working within a faith-based community is an asset. Work ethic and an outlook that are compatible with the mission and values of the parish.
Employee benefits include vacation and sick time; health, dental, and vision insurance; and a pension plan. (Pension plan eligibility requires a minimum of one full year of employment.)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
American Martyrs Catholic Community (Manhattan Beach)
700 15th Street
Manhattan Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org