Verbum Dei is a Jesuit Catholic, Cristo Rey high school that offers young men from supportive families of limited resources a college prep curriculum, corporate work experience and faith formation that prepare them to graduate from college as men-with-and-for-others who serve their communities and pursue a more just and humane world for all.
1. Jesuit education that is rooted in the Gospel and inspired by the example of Jesus to promote the full, integral development of students—physical, moral, intellectual, spiritual– so that they embrace challenges, are intellectually motivated, religious, loving, and committed to justice.
2. Cooperation as the hallmark of a community where each person receives the attention, encouragement and support to succeed academically, personally and professionally; and where the common good takes precedence over the interests of any individual or group.
3. Excellence of effort from students, faculty and staff in the classroom, on the job and in co-curricular activities.
4. Generosity of spirit and self-sacrifice that reflects Jesus’ teaching that “…anything you did for one of my brothers or sisters, however humble, you did for me.”
5. Inclusive community of students, parents, faculty, staff, board, donors, alumni, and corporate sponsors that welcomes diverse persons, perspectives, and experiences and respects the God-given dignity of every human being.
6. Integrity evidenced by truthfulness, decency and consideration for others consistently reflected in work, study, activities, and life decisions.
7. Resilience in the face of adversity and challenges.
• Candidates must have previous experience teaching in a high school setting or with high school students.
• Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science or a related field
• Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in MS Excel (Excel Certification preferred)
• Candidates must be knowledgeable, sensitive, and inclusive of all cultures, in particular those served by Verbum Dei and of the local community.
• Candidates must possess a willingness to promote all areas of Jesuit education.
• Lead the Microsoft Excel Certification initiative for the CWSP
• Prepare CWSP students for the Microsoft Excel Certification Exam to be completed by June 15, 2021
• Review and teach Microsoft Excel curriculum for grade level 9
• Utilize and adapt Cristo Rey Network approved curriculum, as offered by Applied Educational Systems
• Work collaboratively with CWSP colleagues to ensure successful certification outcomes
• Establish office hours for student questions and learning follow-up
Interested candidates should submit a Letter of Intent explaining your interest in Verbum Dei High School. Please include ways in which you would contribute to the mission and what elements of your background and experience make you a good candidate for our community. Please also attach a resume with your submission. Intent letter and resume should be emailed to Ms. Maribel Andrade, Principal’s Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verbum Dei High School (Los Angeles)
11100 S Central Ave
Los Angeles, Californiamandrade@verbumdei.us