DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Maintains premises, restrooms and working areas of offices, hall and church buildings in clean and orderly condition. This includes dusting furniture, walls, fixtures or equipment; sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing or buffing floors; removing trash; polishing furniture, fixtures or trimmings; and cleaning restrooms.
• Sets-up hall in various arrangements of chairs, tables, and other equipment; takes down and stores tables and chairs as appropriate.
• Adjusts heating and air conditioning controls.
• Locks up all facilities at end of the day.
• Performs routine repairs and maintenance including:
minor electrical such as changing light bulbs, repairing switches and light fixtures, p.a. system, garbage disposals, etc.
plumbing such as unblocking toilets, fixing leaking faucets and repairing broken water lines.
General mechanical repair such as doors, locks, venetian blinds, heaters, ice machine, and school furniture.
Routine car maintenance including washing, adding oil and water, replacing worn out headlights, and other simple repairs. Takes car for regular service to service station.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities, including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities.
• Performs related duties as required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
One year working experience as a custodian or maintenance mechanic in a commercial or industrial environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Knowledge of:
•Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals.
•Routine plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair procedures. Ability to:
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping and bending.
• Stand and walk for a sustained period of time.
• Drive an automobile and must possess a California driver’s
St. John Eudes Church (CHATSWORTH)
9901 Mason Ave
CHATSWORTH, CA email@example.com