The tenth (10th) grade Counselor proactively collaborates with parents, teachers and staff to support the educational, personal, and vocational growth of the tenth grade students. This role will provide students with comprehensive, individualized counseling to ensure academic and emotional progress, and completion of graduation requirements. In addition, he/she will work with faculty and parents to address any performance and/or behavioral concerns and facilitate corrective action.
• At least one year of experience working with academic and emotional needs of high school age students and parents in a high school setting
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with parents, teachers and administrators
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
• Excellent organization, written, oral communication, and presentation skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience with student and parent programming and informational sessions
• Familiarity with comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness system such as Naviance
• Master’s Degree in Counseling and/or Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred
• Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling preferred
• Experience with high-stakes test coordinating and/or proctoring (AP, SAT, ACT) a plus
Interested candidates should send their resumes to HR@louisvillehs.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.
About Louisville: Founded in 1960, Louisville High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school for young women with a long and proud academic tradition. Louisville seeks faculty and staff who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and engaging students in their development. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting. To learn more about all of the wonderful aspects of Louisville High school, please visit our website at www.louisvillehs.org.
Louisville High School (Woodland Hills)
22300 Mulholland Dr.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364HR@louisvillehs.org