Description for the position of: Assistant Counselor_______
Order of Authority:
Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Instruction
Assist and collaborate with the Senior counselor in all endeavors of the College and Career Center (C&CC) including but not limited to the following:
- Communicating information to Juniors and Seniors regarding college and career exploration
- Coordinating programs such as CSF, scholarships, college visits, honor roll and awards
- Maintaining bulletin boards, webpage, Google Classroom, etc.
- Assist counselors and students with course selection, summer school registration, etc
- Assist counselors with presentations such as College Information Night, Financial Aid for College, Open House, Admissions, and Transfer Orientation
- General clerical duties of the C&CC
Work Hours: 30 hours per week, negotiable with the Principal
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Clerical skills, spreadsheet proficiency, professional dress and demeanor, Virtus certification, finger-printing (arranged by the school)
- Attend school activities such as monthly masses, faculty meetings, and others as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements (negotiable)
Experience in a high school setting is preferred.
Although Catholic is preferred, a strong Christian example is expected of all of our employees
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Paraclete High School (Lancaster)
42145 30th St West
Lancaster, CA email@example.com