The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is an active Catholic with a desire to enable youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus and His Church. This position requires a person with a willingness to provide the development and support of Middle School and High School Youth Ministry and the High School Confirmation process. This position is 30 hours per week.
• Maintain communication with youth of the parish and their families, Parish Office, and Faith Formation Office.
• Develop and implement various Youth Ministry experiences and Confirmation process.
• Care for Safeguard the Children requirements for all Youth Ministry volunteers.
• Use time management and priority management to ensure projects are executed timely.
• Maintain Youth Ministry budget.
• Answer telephone, care for phone messages and emails, and greet visitors.
• Care for, Youth Ministry activities, Confirmation Sessions, retreats, celebration of Confirmation Mass, volunteers, and seasonal fundraisers.
• Is accountable to the Supervisor and to the Pastor.
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community, willing to grow deeper in faith while working together in the mission of the Church.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Basic Faith Formation, Youth Ministry Specialization, and Certification in Youth Ministry.
• Youth Ministry experience in a Catholic parish.
• Knowledge of Renewing the Vision – U.S. Bishop’s document for building a framework for an active, faith filled Youth Ministry.
• Meets the Los Angeles Archdiocesan Safeguard the Children protocols.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Google Chrome, and social media platforms.
• Available to work evenings and weekends when needed.
St. Peter Claver Parish (Simi Valley)
5649 Pittman St.
Simi Valley, CA email@example.com