Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Development and as an adjunct member of the Advancement team, this position leads the conceptualization and implementation of all aspects of two annual events at Flintridge Sacred Heart- the Harry G. Johansing Golf Tournament Dinner in the fall and Gala Auction and Dinner in the spring. The success of both events are measured by a high level of community and camaraderie, and monies raised.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide event and fundraising management for the Golf Tournament and Dinner, Gala Auction and Dinner, and any dinners sold at respective auctions.
• Manage vendors and negotiate favorable pricing and terms.
• Work with key staff, graphic designers and printers to design and produce all event marketing materials including save-the-date cards, invitations, letters, event programs, signage, webpages, social media outreach, etc.
• Coordinate with key staff to create event materials (guest list, program, script, etc.) with adequate lead time.
• Ability to create and adhere to a budget, analyze variances and prepare financial updates.
• Research and apply for necessary permits and insurance.
• Recruit volunteers for appropriate roles to assist with event planning and implementation.
• Form volunteers committees and conducting meetings.
• Equip volunteers with the necessary analytical reports (from auction software), tools and guidance to be successful.
Other Job Functions:
• Maintain working knowledge of campus news.
• Maintain working knowledge of best practices in event management and fundraising.
• Learn auction software (Greater Giving) and Advancement database system (Raiser’s Edge) to support position priorities.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• B.A. plus minimum of 3 years of events/fundraising experience preferred.
• Ability to motivate and manage diverse teams of volunteers.
• Ability to travel locally and regionally.
• Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible and responsive to deadlines.
• Excellent planning and communication skills.
• Great attitude and willingness to assist when needed.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Solid aptitude of Microsoft Suite, G Suite, fundraising and auction software, and mobile bidding.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
• May be required to use personal vehicle during work (e.g. pick up flowers).
• Required to attend periodic evening meetings.
• Ability to lift, carry, or pull objects of up to 20 pounds in weight.
• Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands is required for writing and data entry.
• Sight, hearing and speech required to communicate effectively.
Flintridge Sacred Heart offers a rich, supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference in this key position. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been looking for, send your resume to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada Flintridge)
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Canada Flintridge, CA firstname.lastname@example.org