POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with Pastor, Sacramental Coordinator, and other Clergy/Staff as necessary, the Confirmation Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a parish based pastoral ministry with youth. Particularly, organizing and administering all aspects of the Confirmation programs for first and second year students. In doing so, providing formal catechesis, enabling youth to serve others, and acting as an advocate and link for those youth seeking to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Confirmation Coordinator shall interpret the needs of the youth and support them in developing community, as well as providing support to their families, while promoting their role in healthy adolescent development. Develops close communication, collaboration, and mutual support from parish staff as necessary, families of youth, as well as other community and parish youth organizations. The Confirmation Coordinator is responsible for adhering to all Parish and Archdiocesan policies, including the Safeguard the Children requirements. This person reports to the pastor and parish committees as required.
Possibility for Full Time Employment depending on knowledge, experience and expertise.
For full job description and to apply, visit : https://straphaelsb.org/job-for-hire
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community
• Live in such a way that is consistent with moral teachings of the scriptures and the Roman Catholic Church
• Sensitivity to controversial issues and able to respond according to Church teaching as articulated by Archbishop
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in theology or religious studies, or equivalent experience in related field
• Possess or in process of obtaining catechist certification through Catechetical Ministers Program
• Well-developed knowledge of Scripture, the catechism, Church Documents, Theology, & traditions of the Church
• Experienced in teaching faith to adults, youth, and children
• Able to effectively communicate with all age groups, from varying cultural and social backgrounds
• Experience in program and team development and implementation
• Skilled in organization, planning, communication and implementation, both oral and written forms.
• Proficiency with the uses of media and technology for effective program implementation
• Experience in working with and/or supervising Adult volunteers
• Submit to a confidential background investigation through the Archdiocese of LA
• Complete the Virtus Protecting God’s Children Program for Adults and ensure all volunteers complete and adhere to the guidelines required by ADLA
• Bilingual-English & Spanish written and oral. Desired, but not necessary
St. Raphael Church (Santa Barbara)
5444 Hollister Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93117Sturcios@straphaelsb.org