St. Luke the Evangelist is seeking a P/T Confirmation Coordinator to enhance the ministerial leadership of our faith community. This position requires a willingness to interact with youth, the ability to pray and walk with them, and imparting the treasure of the Catholic faith. The Coordinator will serve as a member of the parish staff with primary responsibility for the development and growth of a comprehensive program of Confirmation for first- and second-year students.
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic, excited about sharing the Gospel with young people.
• Skill and energy needed to build up the programs after decline from the pandemic.
• Live in such a way as to be consistent with the moral teachings of the of Roman Catholic Church.
• Submit to a confidential background investigation through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
• Complete the Virtus Protecting God’s Children Program for Adults.
• Possess or in process of obtaining catechist certification through Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
• Bilingual-English & Spanish written and oral. Desired, but not necessary
• Design and track Confirmation requirements up to and including the Confirmation Rite.
• Plans and implements all aspects of Confirmation Retreats.
• Organizes and leads parent informational meetings, prayer gatherings, etc.
• Takes lead in recruiting, training, and managing a team of volunteers.
• Communicate regularly with Pastor, DRE, parish staff.
Submit cover letter and resume to
Barbara Hansen-Director of Religious Education at: Barbara@stluketemplecity.org
St. Luke the Evangelist (Temple City)
5605 Cloverly Ave
Temple City, CA 91780Barbara@stluketemplecity.org