Immaculate Heart is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory middle and high school dedicated to the intellectual vitality, spiritual growth, moral strength, and social-emotional development of its students. Immaculate Heart fosters academic excellence and creativity in an environment that empowers students to become women of great heart and right conscience. Students embrace a life-long commitment to compassionate service, leadership, and humanitarian values.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND QUALITIES
Working closely with the Director of Development, the Community Engagement Coordinator assists with the cultivation of parents, past parents and alumnae relationships as well as supports the coordination and implementation of all special events and programs that fall under both the President’s Office and Development Office. A passion for empowering young women in education is highly valued. Experience with or knowledge of all-girls independent school education is a plus. Skill in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Raiser’s Edge NXT, or a comparable CRM database system is highly preferred but not required. The Community Engagement Coordinator must exhibit exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal skills and have a proven ability to interact and develop relationships with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand. We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, entrepreneurial and willing to take complete ownership of critical duties. Must be willing to attend on and off campus events as necessary and work some nights and weekends.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Professional Development & Staff Culture
• Communicate effectively on the status of projects and challenges; work with the Director of Development to achieve revenue goals.
• Interact with faculty, staff, students, parents and alumnae to promote goals and objectives.
• Foster productive relationships with volunteers and assist in developing volunteer leadership.
• Assist with preparation, implementation, event planning logistics and follow-up, for all fundraising projects.
Data Maintenance & Gift Processing
• Ensure accuracy of all constituent information entered into the internal database, update contacts and constituent information, track interactions.
• Organize and track pledges and payments, ensuring accurate and timely entries in internal database
• Prepare and disseminate timely solicitations, acknowledgements, and all relevant notifications via postal mail and email
• Work closely with finance team, including tracking and reconciling all incoming donations, monthly statements, and weekly acknowledgment letters
Member Engagement and Cultivation
• Help develop a stronger culture of philanthropy within the school community
• Support Parent Council and Alumnae Association as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 2 years of related nonprofit development and/or fundraising work preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Demonstrate ability to develop and steward positive relationships with donors
• Able to manage and prioritize time effectively, be flexible, remain organized and detail-oriented
• Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects
• Able to work independently, take initiative, and assume ownership of projects
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional computer skills: advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and Word, Gmail and Google Docs. Experience with CRM database systems (experience with Raisers Edge a plus).
• Interested candidates should email the following to:
• In subject line, indicate position you are applying for
• Letter of Interest which includes your rationale for wanting to work at Immaculate Heart and relevant experience to this position
• Current resume
• Name and contact information for three references including your current employee Current employer will not be contacted without candidate’s approval
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com