Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is a small business in EDUCATION in La Canada Flintridge, CA. Our goal is to Summary: Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for developing and managing new and existing social media platforms, gathering and distribution of electronic communications, and the creation of content for print and online sources which furthers the purposes of Flintridge Sacred Heart, characterizes the culture, and communicates the mission and values of the school. Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is a vital element of Flintridge Sacred Heart’s mission to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. At Flintridge Sacred Heart, we seek to create and sustain a vibrant, inclusive community and we value and appreciate the uniqueness contained within each person so as to honor the diversity of God’s creation.
Our work environment includes:
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and expand the school’s presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- Serve as the point person for the submission, editing, and initial input of all internal email content especially weekly school newsletter.
- Format and distribute all external email communications, especially for purposes of admissions and advancement.
- Create and maintain school blog and post weekly updates to advance school search engine optimization goals.
- Produce regular content for external publications.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of contacts and coordinating data used for communication.
- Assists in writing and prepares press releases and proactively pitches stories that highlight our mission, activities on campus, fundraising activities and supports recruitment of new students
- Develop, write and edit stories and features for the annual View from the Top magazine, annual report and any additional publications.
- Format and distribute View from the Top, annual report, and any additional publications for print and online distribution through platforms such as Mailchimp, social media and the school website.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create and communicate marketing messages.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create annual goals and objectives for the school-wide marketing and communications strategy.
- Establish strong partnerships with faculty, staff, students, parents and support organizations to advance the mission of the school.
- Collaborate closely with Director of Marketing and Communications to support external relations strategies for the high school, admissions, advancement and alumnae.
- Any other work as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications, Admissions and President
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years’ experience in digital communications, marketing, social media management, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills; knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with email marketing platforms (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience in social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.) as well as social media scheduling tools
- Working knowledge of design software, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience using photo/video equipment and software such as MS Office, Adobe Suite and Mac iWork software
- Project management experience, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to multitask.
- Familiarity with project management software such as Trello, Asana, Microsoft Teams or similar.
- Diplomatic skills allowing effective work with a variety of situations and people to accomplish tasks
- Ability to take direction well and work independently
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a professional manner and to effectively represent the school in the communities we serve
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required for meetings and events
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Requires a majority of time (up to 70%) to be spent walking and sitting.
- Some standing required and the ability to lift, carry and/or pull at least 10 pounds.
- Adverse movements required such as reaching overhead, bending, or crouching.
- Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands is required for writing and data entry.
- Excellent sensory skills are important (sight, hearing and speech) as well as the ability to communicate effectively.
- May be required to attend evening meetings and/or travel off-campus to attend meetings and/or special events. May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,480.00 – $71,000.00 per year
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada)
440 Saint Katherine Dr.
La Canada, CA email@example.com