This individual will develop engaging content for the bulletin, parish events, newsletter, website, and social media that is cohesive with the goals and mission of the parish and school.
1. Create/Prepare an informative and high-quality bulletin that is engaging and free of errors on a weekly basis using Adobe InDesign or other approved software with little supervision and submit to publisher in a timely manner.
2. Create high-quality fliers for parish events working closely with Communication Assistant.
3. Ensure fliers are distributed to all communication channels, i.e.: ENewsLetter, Celtic Central, local parishes, church vestibule, parish office, marquee, and social media platforms.
4. Collaborate with Evangelization Coordinator in the creation of daily and weekly social media posts, including videos, news updates, prayers, resources, etc., to connect, inform, and engage parishioners and larger community.
5. Work with the Evangelization Coordinator in promoting parish events and parish ministries.
6. Oversee all promotional activities including print, electronic, and direct mail.
7. Meet all deadlines for publications and respond to Yelp, Google, and other social media messages and reviews in a timely manner.
8. Maintain, edit, and update information on parish website, and social media platforms.
9. Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media.
10. Work with the E-newsletter Editor and Celtic Central Editor to communicate all events and activities related to parish and school.
11. Manage the recording, editing, and uploading of the Sunday homilies to the website and social media platforms.
12. Ensure that the church vestibule, marquee, and parish office fliers are up to date by removing past events, making sure there are enough copies of future events and ensuring all media are approved by pastor.
13. Work with Evangelization Coordinator to design and promote merchandise.
14. Work with parish office staff and volunteers on Welcome packets for new parishioners.
15. Work closely with the Parish Office Coordinator in preparing for Day of Remembrance, Easter, and Christmas Memorial Boards.
16. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & EQUIPMENT OPERATED
Typical Working Conditions: Office environment, outside during outdoor events.
Equipment Used: basic computer or laptop, keyboard, mouse, camera, video camera, microphone, telephone, copier, scanner, paper shredder.
Essential Physical Tasks: Ability to sit at a desk for extended period with some walking, standing, bending, lifting 30 lbs. Exposure to outside weather conditions during parish events.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
· Compassionate, ethical, self-driven, strong work ethic, punctual, reliable, and professional manner with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate and promote parish ministries and events in a creative manner and with attention to detail.
· Maintain a strict level of confidentiality regarding parishioners, donors, and employees.
· Elevated level of enthusiasm and committed to creating a dynamic and spiritual environment.
· Proven ability to be a leader with a positive outlook and be results-motivated.
· Ability to manage multiple projects strategically and efficiently.
· Intermediate skills and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
· Advanced software skills including MS Word and Excel.
· Strong problem-solving and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Willingness and ability to be flexible with varied hours to accommodate parish events.
· Practicing Catholic deeply rooted in faith and discipleship.
· Advanced level of website and social media management.
· Advanced software skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Hedwig Catholic Church (Los Alamitos)
11482 Los Alamitos Bl
Los Alamitos, CA firstname.lastname@example.org