Full-Time 40 hours per week Non-Exempt Position
Reports to Director of Administration
Position Summary: The Communications Coordinator leads the parish in all internal and external communication through weekly bulletin, midweek electronic bulletin, special publications & reports. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Administration and attends weekly liturgy meetings and works collaboratively with the Pastor, Director of Pastoral Care, and Director of Music and Liturgy.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
o Produce the weekly bulletin for the parish
o Solicit and collect bulletin copy, Complete the layout, Proofread and submit electronically to Bulletin Publisher by deadline
• Mid-Week Bulletin
o Gather information for Mid –Week Bulletin
o Edit, assemble, and email using Constant Contact Software
• Web Master and Possible Parish App
o Solicit and edit copy submitted by various ministries to the parish website
o Manage and maintain Parish website
• Social Media
o Develop and manage Social Media communications for the parish
o Oversee all use of Social Media for Parish
• Christmas and Easter Mailings
o Develop new Christmas and Easter Mailings, consisting of invitation, schedule, prayer, etc.
• Special Publications
o Annual Report, Special Programs, Other Retreat, liturgical, and special Worship aids
o Flyers / Marketing, Stewardship Publications
o Assist in providing direction and support to the ministry’s overall efforts.
• Brand Management
o Parish “Point Person’ to work with various ministries and Festival for proper use of logos, branding, and communication in general.
• Photo Management
o Manage and store parish photos from all sources, update lobby monitor with current photos
Knowledge and Abilities Required:
1. Superior administrative and oral and written communication skills;
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, courtesy, diplomacy and tact with a variety of stakeholders;
3. Proficient in technology especially Microsoft and the Google Suite and able to learn information systems of the school like Canva, Photoshop, Editing Software (Final Cut Pro/Adobe)
4. Ability to handle multiple priorities with a strategic focus
5. Bilingual Spanish/English
6. BA and/or Masters in Related Field
7. The Communications Specialist must possess the ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems, set and achieve goals and objectives.
8. Detail oriented
9. Planning and project management skills, ability to meet deadlines
10. Strong knowledge of Catholic Faith, history, liturgy, terminology, scripture
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Please email resume and any supporting documents to email@example.com.
Holy Name of Mary Parish (San Dimas)
724 E Bonita Ave
San Dimas, CA firstname.lastname@example.org