Under the supervision of the Director of College Counseling and Advising in collaboration with the Director of Counseling, the College Counseling and Advising Administrative Assistant and Registrar will independently perform various technical and complex clerical duties related to the permanent records of high school students according to established policies and procedures; utilize specialized automated student information software and hardware; establish, maintain and monitor student records, grades, coursework compiled, and credits earned; communicate with advisors, teachers, administrators, parents and students; assure complete and accurate records. This is a 12 month, full-time hourly position M-F 8am-4:30pm.
Essential Job Functions:
● Plan, schedule, coordinate, promote, and attend college counseling/advising events (e.g. college fairs, enrichment fairs, college rep visits). Occasional nights and weekends to assist with college counseling events.
● Provide clerical support to the advising/college counseling office (staff of 15); respond to inquiries and provide assistance to staff, students and the public; schedule counseling appointments.
● Greet College Admission counselors and guests of interest and aids in college admission visitors and college counselor events
● Participate in professional development webinars or other related activities to aid in the development of the college counseling/advising office.
● Communicate with counselors, advisors, teachers, administrators, parents and students, test prep agencies, community based organizations, virtual/ local college related events, etc.
● Keep accurate and meticulous student accounts using Naviance software including adding journal entries.
● Assist advisors with course eligibility and other tasks as required in collaboration with the Academic Dean.
● Write detailed notes of departments meetings and grade level meetings
● Plan and organize test preparation programs (PSAT, PreACT, SAT, ACT, AP Exams, Finals)
● Provide support of standardized test administration as needed.
● Write a variety of documents, forms and professional email communications
● Compile information and write reports as required.
● Support all members of academic administrative team as needed (Principal, Assistant Principals, Academic Dean)
● Perform related duties as assigned.
Enrichment Program Coordination:
● Update resources and summer programs on the Flintridge Sacred Heart website and Naviance
● Research enrichment programs for grade 9-12 students, and create individualized enrichment plans based on the interests and passions of students.
● Coordinate recommendations and collaborate with advising team and teachers to send documents to enrichment programs.
● Review students records relevant to college admissions process (e.g. transcripts, new students, transfers students)
● Establish, maintain and monitor student records, grades, coursework compiled, and credits earned for graduation
● Collaborate with the US State Department to gain authentication for transcripts
● Maintain up to date and accurate physical and computerized student records.
● Record, create reports, and maintain correspondence of student records, including but not limited to student cumulative folders, demographics, grades, report cards, diplomas, and transcripts.
● Process requests for Alumni, including exam results, transcripts, and reports
● Request grades, transcripts and records from other schools and enter student data into appropriate databases.
● Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and enrichment programs, visa status, transfer information, graduation verification requests, etc.
● Create transcript explanation for foreign schools as needed
● Calculate GPA as required for High School transcripts/report cards, college applications, etc.
● Prepare and verify current and final transcripts
● Ensure registrar practices are in compliance with FERPA
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree and commensurate administrative experience
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● 3-4 years of front office experience, preferably in a school setting
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Google Suite. Comfortable with technology, learns new systems and software quickly.
● Telephone experience and basic office skills: filing, screening calls, taking messages, etc.
● Excellent interpersonal skills: able to relate positively and professionally with students, parents, teachers, staff, administration and visitors.
● Understanding transcript evaluations, student graduation and college entrance requirements
● Familiarity with school curriculum and detailed course descriptions.
● Able to multi-task, handles interruptions gracefully, and stays on target for completing tasks.
● Strong organizational and communication skills.
● Flexibility. Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle emergencies calmly and professionally.
● Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
● Requires a majority of time (up to 70%) to be spent sitting.
● Some walking, climbing stairs, and standing required the ability to lift, carry and/or pull at least 10 pounds.
● Adverse movements required such as reaching overhead, bending, or crouching.
● Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands is required for writing and data entry.
● Sight, hearing and speech required to communicate effectively.
We offer a supportive environment, a 1:1 laptop program, ongoing professional development, competitive salary and benefits, and a dynamic community of colleagues and learners. To learn more about Flintridge Sacred Heart, visit our website at www.fsha.org. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been looking for, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BA degree and preferably work experience in a school.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada Flintridge)
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Canada Flintridge, CA email@example.com