A choir director leads and oversees the daily activities of choirs, especially during musical performances. They are responsible for coordinating rehearsals, establishing schedules and budgets, setting objectives and rules, and selecting resources, including musical pieces. They utilize their musical and leadership skills to facilitate auditions, find potential members, delegate responsibilities or parts for the performances, and direct each student to achieve every musical performance’s desired sound. Additionally, a choir director empowers students to enhance their skills and reach goals.
Marymount is looking for a full-time Choir Director to teach and manage all aspects of our choral program which includes Marymount Beginning and Advance Choirs and the Marymount High C’s (our resident choral ensemble). She/he will plan, supervise and coordinate all facets of choral concerts, masses and liturgies throughout the school year which includes music selection, choral arranging (as needed), conducting, and collaborating with the Performing Arts Department and Theology Department. She/he will also act as Musical Director and vocal coach for the annual Spring Musical Theatre production and Coordinator for Cabaret Night. Experience teaching music theory is helpful, but not required. The ideal candidate is a leader in the
• Teach 1-3 semester courses of Choir classes, depending on enrollment
• Serve as the school’s Choral Director
• Teach the Conservatory Arts Program (CAP) Choir
• Responsible for supporting any musical needs for the Fall play
• Serve as the Musical Director for Cabaret Night
• Serve as Musical Director of the Spring Musical
• Grow the school’s vibrant choral music program
• Serve as Student Advisor (if assigned)
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
• Master preferred but not required.
• Excellent communicator; strong leader; excellent skills in conducting, performance, and music analysis
• Strong artistic vision and administrative skills to lead and coordinate music program
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org