Bishop Montgomery High School located in Torrance, California, is considering applications for a High School Chemistry, Physics/AP Physics Teacher for 2023/2024 academic school year.
Primary Functions: To provide, as a member of the Science department staff, a comprehensive Chemistry, Physics, and AP Physics curriculum program for students in grades 10-12. The candidate should specifically provide instruction to meet the needs of assigned classes; consult with the administration, and fellow Science department chair & teachers, to enhance the student’s curricular growth.
Major Job Responsibilities: Implement the high school Chemistry, Physics, and AP Physics curriculum through delivery of classroom instruction; participate in the intervention process for students in need; plan appropriate lessons, pursue continuous professional growth, and attend all required meetings/in-service days. Based on the applicants experience and interest, an additional stipend may be offered to qualified candidates interested in serving as the Robotics team moderator.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Science teaching credential preferred
- At least three (3) years teaching experience in high school science preferred
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete by due dates
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
TO APPLY – Please submit:
- A statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than one page)
- Copy of credential
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 references with contact information
All materials should be sent electronically to Ms. Pam Altobelli, Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org (310) 540-2021 ext. 228.
Science Department Course descriptions can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NJNC_mbhWeL65rdMrHI_XQxgPDatc7Wv/view?usp=sharing.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance)
5430 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA email@example.com