The Business Manager is responsible for managing all business, financial and administrative aspects of the Parish assuring the efficient and effective fulfillment of its mission of caring for parishioners and those in need. This includes responsibility for compliance with all applicable laws, Archdiocesan regulations and policies and policies/guidelines of the Pastor; oversight and management of Parish Center personnel; assistance being provided to the school principal and staff, directors of parish departments and volunteer ministry leaders.
The Business Manager works closely with the Pastor and offers advice and guidance in financial/business/personnel matters.
Under the direction of the Pastor, the Business Manager is responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As an employee of the Archdiocese and a representative of the Roman Catholic Church this individual is expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the goals and mission of the Church in the performance of their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully, an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Guidance and assistance are provided to parishioners in a courteous, thorough and timely manner.
• Oversee the daily operations of the parish including the Parish Master Calendar.
• Ensure all personnel/payroll records and applicable employment rules and laws are followed.
• Assures that compliance with Safeguard the Children requirements is maintained.
• Responsible for annual Parish Budget, Annual Report, Accounts Payable, reconciliations, payroll and any other financial information necessary.
FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE
• Preventative and routine maintenance of Parish buildings and facilities is done on a timely basis with effective supervision for the Facility Maintenance staff.
SPRING FEST (CARNIVAL)
• Provide oversight, support and assistance of the event and volunteers while supplying proper recording of income and expenses leading up to and including the weekend of the event.
• Employee performance is formally evaluated and effective communication with them is maintained.
• On-going assessment of training needs for staff is evaluated as necessary.
• Effective working relationships are maintained with co-workers, school staff and ministry leaders/representatives to coordinate activities as appropriate.
• On-going diligence is applied in assuring compliance with Archdiocesan/Parish Safeguard is conducted and that relevant training is provided for identified staff to improve performance.
• The Pastor is kept informed regarding unusual occurrences and issues of importance.
• Other functions are performed as directed by the Pastor.
• Knowledge of Archdiocesan principles, practices, and organization
• Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete tasks effectively
• Interest in and understanding of the Catholic Church’s teachings and role
• The Archdiocesan Handbook policies and guidelines
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Parish Data Software and Vanco or similar parish software
• Basic supervision/management practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Detail oriented, motivated team player with a strong ability to multi-task
• Long-term planning and organizing work, controlling and budgeting principles
• Maintain confidentiality
• Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking
• Sustain frequent movement of finger, wrists, hands, and arms
May require some variable hours and on-call response after regular business hours to meet need of the parish; requires some weekend, holiday and evening work for events, or the ability to arrange coverage. These times include Christmas season, Holy Week/Easter, fundraisers, after Mass functions, etc. Local travel for business purposes may also be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found at: https://lacatholics.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/EmploymentApplication.pdf
Please complete the application and submit along with a cover letter and resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for.
St. Bruno Church (Whittier)
15740 Citrustree Rd
Whittier, California firstname.lastname@example.org