Be part of the restructure and reopening of the Parish Office as we welcome back the members of our community to gather and worship together. This is a new position responsible for supporting the Pastor and providing administrative, accounting, building maintenance and supervision of parish staff as well as interacting and assisting callers, visitors and parishioners,
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Oversees preparation, submittal and maintenance of accurate records concerning financial transactions; financial reports, budget and payroll administration, personnel files and other documents and records
- Oversees payroll, ensuring employees are paid in accordance with appropriate laws and payroll reports are prepared and filed as necessary
- Assists in the selection, oversite and supervision of staff and volunteers
- Partners with parish priests to develop parish best practices, policies and procedures appropriate to the administration of the parish
- Oversees and is responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, timely repair and/or replacement of all Church property.
- Coordinates set-ups for events and meetings with committees and maintenance staff.
- Answers phones and doors, when needed
- Supervises the maintenance of a master calendar and implements the scheduled use of facilities in accordance with the scheduled events.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all publications (Bulletins, Social Media, Website and Special reports as needed).
- Maintains effective working relationships with parish and school staff to coordinate activities as appropriate.
- Acts as a resource person for Church employees, volunteers, members and others.
- Other duties as assigned by Pastor
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED; College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in office administration, supervision of staff
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community
- Experience in supervision, training and coaching/counseling of staff
- Experience in facilities management, budget and payroll administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ParishSoft, Quickbooks
- Working Knowledge in Management of Website and Social Media platforms
- Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, follow instructions, adhere to Archdiocese and Parish policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service, organization and oral/written communication skills appropriate for a Church environment
- Ability to treat others in a welcoming and respectful manner
Interested candidates are to submit their resume to: Fr. Brian Castaneda email@example.com
St. Brendan Catholic Church (Los Angeles)
310 S Van Ness Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org