San Gabriel Mission High School (SGMHS) is a college-preparatory Catholic high school located on the historic grounds of the San Gabriel Mission. Our faith-driven community provides a safe environment for young women to grow as spiritual, intellectual, creative, and athletic leaders. Our financially accessible opportunities serve a diverse and inclusive student body of local, commuter, and international students in the Greater Los Angeles area.
SGMHS is seeking a full time energetic leader to assist and continue to grow the operations vitality efforts of the school. This individual is committed to Catholic education and especially an all girls environment.
Role: Reports to the principal and is responsible for income, expenses, financial aid, payroll, benefits, record keeping of tuition and other income accounts, tuition contracts, facilities/vendor relations, tracking of all parent service hours, and front office relief.
Bookkeeping/Payroll/AP/Monthly & Annual reporting:
Responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll system. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that school finances are accurate and up to date, that
employees are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that school finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Manage the weekly check run
- Record all checks
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- List all vendor checks in the accounting software
- Prepare manual checks as and when required
- Maintain listing of accounts payable
- Maintain the general ledger
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports including, but not limited to the monthly development report
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile school accounts
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Complete payroll functions in order to ensure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain confidential classified employee files
- Calculate salaries and benefits
- Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.
- Data entry of payroll information
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Assist with answering office phone calls and customer service
- Performs any other duties assigned by the president or principal
Accounts Receivable/Tuition Clerk
The Business Manager reports to the principal for the efficient operation of the cash receipts and is responsible for the collection and record keeping of tuition and other income accounts.
- Enter all new student information into tuition management software.
- Enter all charges/payments into tuition management software.
- Post tuition and fees in the ledger and keep the ledger up-to-date daily.
- Enter all financial aid monies into the student tuition account.
- Assist with the implementation of the tuition assistance program.
- Assist with preparing deposits and counting of monies for bank deposits.
- Print out and mail monthly tuition statements.
- Maintain records of various fees (prom, registration, etc.)
- Tally journal totals daily for bank reconciliation.
- Process all NSF checks in accordance with school guidelines.
- Accept all over-the-counter monies giving receipts for all cash received.
- Prepare and make all bank deposits.
- Process student withdrawals in tuition accounting software.
- Order all office and school supplies and distribute them to the various departments.
- Maintain and update files generated by the business office.
- Give general information to parents, students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the president or principal.
Manages maintenance supervisor, vendor contracts, supplies, oversees all facility projects.
To assist in the identification and resolution of plant maintenance problems.
- Provides the faculty with a process of reporting maintenance concerns.
- Supervises and works with the Maintenance Crew.
- Provides for the general maintenance of the plant facility, making recommendations for major repairs where needed and handling minor repairs on a priority basis.
- Assists with the financial control of the school in supervising the account expenditures of utilities, buildings and maintenance.
- Maintains an inventory of all school equipment.
- Responsible for all outside user agreements.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Principal.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (or college credits) in related disciplines.
- Three-four years of experience in bookkeeping
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Excellent writing, editing, and communicating skills
- Technology proficient especially in Quickbooks and the Google Suite
- Annual Budget, Budget Variance Analysis and Cash Flow Forecasting
- Passion for and understanding of Catholic education especially an all girls faith based environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks and competing needs
- Ability to work alone as well as collaboratively
If interested please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
San Gabriel Mission High School (San Gabriel)
254 S Santa Anita St.
San Gabriel, CA firstname.lastname@example.org