Boys Soccer Varsity Assistant Coach
Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To instruct student athletes in the fundamentals, rules, strategies and physical training needed for individual and team success that leads to pride, self-confidence and self-discipline.
• Coaches will plan, schedule and implement a regular program of training and attend all practices, competitions, meetings and activities for each sport. Coaches will communicate and coordinate on a regular basis with the Head Coach.
• Unless otherwise excused, each person accepting a coaching assignment will be expected to attend all practices and games, parent meetings or teacher conferences, awards events, and meetings called by the administration or Head Coach, including but not limited to a pre-season coaches meeting and a preseason parent/athlete meeting.
• Traveling may be required for off-site trips, may be out of state and follow school district policy IICA on Domestic and International Travel.
• Supervise approximately 15-18 student athletes in tryouts, practices, competitions, other outings until student’s transportation arrives. Maintains discipline, addresses grievances and works to create good morale, cooperation and team unity.
• Provides training rules and any other regulations and requirements to each athlete.
• Selects student manages, assistants and statisticians as needed.
• Initiates programs and follows policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies including the completion of proper forms and reporting requirements.
• Coordinates with Head Coach regarding student suspension and related communication with parents.
• Advises Head Coach about requirements for tournaments and sports events, and recommends policy, method or procedural changes.
• Participates in the budget planning process with the Head Coach including requirements for the next season and equipment guidelines on type, style, color and specifications.
• Accountable for all equipment and submits to Head Coach notice of any equipment lost or not returned.
• Submits an annual inventory and records of equipment.
• Monitors and examines locker rooms and areas used before and after practice and checking on the general cleanliness of these areas.
• Other duties as needed.
• Minimum 1 year coaching HS soccer.
• Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
• Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
• Experience as a cross country coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
• Working knowledge of CIF Athletic Policies.
• Knowledge of the existing athletic system, state and league regulations.
• Undergo a criminal background check.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA email@example.com