St. Cyril of Jerusalem School is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Athletic Director and physical education teacher for grades P-8. The ideal candidate would follow the athletic guidelines set forth by the school, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, and the Valley Catholic Sports Program, in addition to attending to the responsibilities of the Athletic Director, including:
* Attending required athletic director meetings.
* Modeling and encouraging athletes and coaches to show good sportsmanship and
* Recruiting coaches and ensuring they complete the position requirements.
* Registering athletes and completing team rosters.
* Communicating with the league to coordinate game schedules.
* Scheduling practices.
* Ordering and maintaining sports equipment including uniforms.
* Preparing facilities for games (including lining the field and setting up equipment).
* Coordinating referees for games (including their payment).
* Communicating sports information with coaches, athletes, and parents.
* Checking student athletes’ eligibility in accordance with the policies outlined in the St.
Cyril of Jerusalem School Handbook.
* Coordinating entry into tournaments and track meets.
* Supporting the athletic teams by attending games.
In addition, responsibilities include planning and implementing an appropriate physical education curriculum for grades P – 8th grade. A candidate should be organized and able to effectively communicate with colleagues, administration, parents, and students.
Bachelor’s Degree with Valid Teaching Credential (working toward CA credential if from out of the state) or applicable education/work experience as approved by the principal
Completion of Live Scan process
Completion of Virtus Training
Completion of the Play Like a Champion Coach’s Certification
Negative TB test
CPR/First Aid certified
St Cyril of Jerusalem School (Encino)
4548 Haskell Ave
Encino, CA email@example.com