As a Catholic, independent school for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls we seek educators who are familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic School, and who are able to collaborate with colleagues and students promoting interdisciplinary instruction in a diverse and nurturing environment.
We are searching for an experienced Physical Education Teacher who will also serve as the Middle School Athletic Director.
This is a full-time position.
Applicants must be experienced in teaching Physical Education and have excellent organizational skills and administrative experience for the Athletic Director responsibilities of the position.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
• is a gifted teacher interested in teaching grades 6th, 7th & 8th a variety of sports & activities
• has excellent class management, communication, and organization skills
• has previous administrative experience and skills required of an Athletic Director
• relies on positive, frequent and varied assessment methods to gauge student progress and provide timely feedback
• is sensitive to an academically, socially, culturally, and ethnically diverse, all-girl student population
• is able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way
• is comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment
• is willing to collaborate with other teachers in our professional learning community
• BA in Physical Education or Kinesiology
• California Teaching Credential and/or a master’s degree
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
Immaculate Heart Middle School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org