The primary purpose of this position is to develop a Christ-centered parish-based pastoral ministry for middle and high school youth following the ecclesiology of the Holy Family community, inspired by the Pastoral initiatives of the parish. The programs/processes should foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person mindful of the eight-fold Comprehensive Youth Ministry Model, as described by “Renewing the Vision” (USCCB). The Coordinator draws learners into responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community, develops close communication with and mutual support from families of youth, and collaborates with other community and parish youth organizations. Ideally, the young people and their families are nurtured to become joyful disciples of Jesus Christ. This position also includes the preparation of high school teens for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Practicing and active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Youth Ministry experience in a Catholic parish.
• Training in the principles, practices, and theory of Total Youth Ministry.
• Certification as a Youth Minister.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Compliant with Safeguard the Children Policies and Procedures: Guidelines, Virtus, and LiveScan.
• First Aid and CPR certified.
• Knowledge of Renewing the Vision and General Directory on Catechesis
Holy Family Parish (South Pasadena)
1527 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA firstname.lastname@example.org