SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
As part of his / her assignment, the Assistant Principal of Academic Affairs will serve as a member of the administrative team to deliver a Comprehensive Salesian Program by providing overseeing curriculum and instruction, including professional development, coaching activities, academic programs and all instructional components. Major duties and responsibilities:
• Supports, upholds and works in context of the professional learning community established by the principal of the school
• Assumes responsibility for instruction and curriculum as assigned by the Principal
• Maintains responsibility of issues relating to curriculum, effective pedagogical strategies, and assessment
• Maintains positive, effective and relevant communication with all parties that supports and facilitates professional growth and development
• Promotes data driven instruction through professional development, observation, action plans, and evaluation
• Designs, articulates and manages the roles, responsibilities and development of the department leads and provides ongoing support as they assist teachers in the classroom
• Assists the Counseling Staff with testing and assessment coordination and tracking results, including PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP Exams, etc.
• Visits classrooms frequently and participates in the evaluation of teachers
• Assists in the orientation, instructional planning and delivery, and supervision of new teachers
• Assumes responsibility of the educational program in absence of Principal as determined by the Principal
• Assists counselors and office staff in the orientation of new students and in student academic guidance issues
• Develops and assists in the interpretation of the school policies and procedures for parents and the community
• Initiates and supports communication with and among teachers, parents, students and the community
• Coordinates the relationship between partner schools – including both elementary and higher education – as it relates to curriculum, instruction, and college readiness
• Coordinates the Bosco Pathways programs
• In conjunction with the Lead Counselor, ensures that all relevant courses are UC a-g and NCAA approved
• In conjunction with the Administrative Team, coordinates the senior exit interviews.
• Master’s degree or higher in Education or a related field; demonstrated administrative experience at the secondary school level; successful secondary teaching experience.
• California Secondary Administrative Services Credential
• Knowledge of the mission of Catholic Education
• Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• At least three years of administrative experience leading, managing faculty and staff, and developing academic programs
FILING AN APPLICATION
• All interested applicants must submit the following: (1) a detailed letter of interest, no more than two pages, which addresses the responsibilities and desirable qualifications as detailed in this announcement; (2) a current resume or CV; and (3) a personal statement, no more than two pages, on the applicant’s philosophy on school leadership and teaching and learning. After review of materials, by the selection committee, candidates will be contacted only if selected for interviews upon which candidates will be required to submit the official application, two letters of reference and copies of transcripts (official transcripts will be required if selected for the position). For questions regarding the application process or for additional information regarding the job description, please contact Dr. Kris Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials should be sent electronically.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower)
13640 Bellflower Blvd
Bellflower, California email@example.com