Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced Assistant or Associate Director of Admission.
Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Order of St. Augustine in California, is an International Baccalaureate school accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
The Assistant or Associate Director of Admission is supervised by the Director of Admission and receives assignments related to all aspects of the admission and recruitment process. He/she participates in a collaborative and professional environment dedicated to the recruitment and enrollment of students who are best served by Villanova’s mission and school community.
The Assistant or Associate Director serves as a member of the school’s Admission Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Assistant or Associate Director is to act as an effective representative of Villanova in promoting its mission and supporting programs. General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold and promote the Mission and Catholic identity of Villanova Preparatory School.
- Represent the school accurately and compellingly to prospective students and parents, educational consultants, partner school heads and administrators, and others who may directly or indirectly play a role in recruitment/admission activities.
- Develop and foster relationships with regional Catholic parish priests, partner school principals, and teachers to further communicate future enrollment efforts.
- Effectively administer the school’s Student and Exchange Visitors’ Information System (SEVIS) as required by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Assist the Director with institutional research needs including the collection and analysis of relevant data.
- Communicate with prospective families in a polite, systematic, and efficient manner, including appropriate and timely follow-up.
- Attend school fairs and visit partner schools as a representative of Villanova and enter required visit reports about these activities.
- Become proficient in the use of the office technology used to manage office record keeping and correspondence.
- Assist the Director with all publication and marketing initiatives.
- Monitor and manage all external web-related programs designed to create maximum visibility for Villanova.
- Work in concert with the Director of Admission on a variety of scheduled admission events including but not limited to: Open Houses, Admission receptions, and Shadow Days.
- Travel in support of the marketing and recruitment goals of the schools (including international travel, as necessary).
- Maintain an accurate record of travel and admission-related expenses.
- Interview applicants and families and, in a timely manner, provide a detailed report of the interview for the Admission Committee.
- Support the mission and vision of Villanova Preparatory School and its leadership.
- Continually seek new opportunities to improve upon existing admission practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Headmaster and/or the Director of Admission.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population of students and parents.
- Knowledge and proficiency in word processing and database programs.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a willingness to work admissions events in the evening and on weekends.
- Understanding of current marketing trends and strategies.
- Admission experience in a Catholic, boarding, and/or independent high school.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a complete resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
(805)646-1464 x. 114
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA email@example.com