Under the direction of the Director of Faith Formation, the Faith Formation Associate will serve as a ministerial member of the Faith Formation Team for St Mary’s of the Assumption Catholic Church. Our parish has a family-centered faith formation program. The Faith Formation Associate will assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum and programming for the Collaborative’s Family Faith Formation in accordance with Archdiocesan policies and in keeping with the Collaborative’s vision for faith formation.
• Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium, in good standing with the Church
• A degree in Catholic Theology, Ministry, Religious Education, or similar
• 1-3 yrs. of professional ministry experience or 3-5 yrs. of significant ministry/faith formation volunteer experience
• Proficiency in Spanish. An ability to speak and communicate in Spanish.
Proficiency or the ability to quickly learn the technological aspects of the job such as: Microsoft Office Suite, Parishsoft, Flocknote, Sign-up Genius, website maintenance, social media, copiers, sound systems, etc.
• Successful completion of Diocesan Safe Environment protocols
• Ability and willingness to work an irregular schedule, including evenings and weekends• Must have creativity, flexibility, joy, and enthusiasm in evangelizing people at all stages of faith development
• Must be familiar with the New Evangelization and various models for parish ministry and evangelization
• Must have a solid understanding of Catholic teachings, as well as the ability to apply them pastorally and convey them effectively in a variety of settings
• Must have excellent people skills: positive, welcoming, ready to assist, able to handle conflict calmly, etc.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, verbal, and written language skills
• Must have strong public presentations skills and be comfortable with groups of all ages and sizes
• Must be able to follow guidance and direction, Faith formation director/ pastor and associates. • Must have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with members of the pastoral and administrative staff, parishioners, volunteers, and community leaders.
• Must have the ability to work independently
• Must be able to prioritize tasks in a busy and varied environment with a wide range of responsibility
• Must be able to adapt and adjust to unforeseen circumstances
• Must have the ability to integrate information from a variety of diverse sources and the ability to work on a variety of joint tasks and projects simultaneously
• Must be committed to growing both professionally and spiritually
St Mary’s Assumption (Whittier)
7215 Newlin Ave
Whittier, CA 90602Pkeyes@stmaryschurch-whittier.org