ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1955, Don Bosco Technical Institute is a private not-for-profit high school located in Rosemead, CA. The school is currently the only fully integrated Catholic, college preparatory, and engineering-science-technology focused school in the United States. We currently seek a High School Level Instructor in Architecture & Construction Engineering. Successful candidates integrate their education and past experience with a desire to educate the next generation of builders, designers and engineers. We develop young engineers using their hands and minds, and the successful candidate must be comfortable with that themselves.
- Ability to teach construction sciences; civil and structural engineering; and green technologies as they apply to architecture and construction engineering. All courses are lecture based with a hands-on lab component.
- Expected instructional duties include teaching age-appropriate theory and lab for light-frame construction; concrete, wood beam, bridge and structural design and testing; surveying and topographical studies; and green and energy efficient (LEED) design of structures.
- Prepare and execute detailed, age-appropriate lesson plans which will include subject matter content, multiple instructional modalities, hands-on activities and varied assessments.
- Exhibit effective and focused classroom management and student engagement in courses and sections taught. Duties also include student supervision and assistance in computer and wood/steel/concrete laboratories.
- Use MS Windows Office suite programs as well as Google Education suite and Autodesk Revit/ SketchUp to enhance student learning (other CAD programs are acceptable with administration approval).
- Preference will be given to bearers of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil, construction, environmental, or mechanical engineering, or urban and regional planning; or similar, is required.
- A valid California teaching credential is preferred.
- A background in teaching is preferred as is applicable work and career experience.
- Ability to operate and service various machines and equipment as well as being comfortable around a variety of industry related power tools.
- Effective organizational skills are a must, as are excellent oral and written communication skills, and being comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Collaborative work skills are essential, as well as being open to new ideas and learning.
Salary is determined by education level, work experience, and based on the faculty salary scale.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91779TechHR@boscotech.edu