World Languages Teacher – American Sign Language
Saint Joseph High School, an all girls’ college-preparatory Catholic high school in Lakewood, California, is seeking an American Sign Language 1 and American Sign Language 2 teacher for grades 9 and 10 for the remainder of the 2023-2024 school year from March 15 through June 11. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Design and facilitate immersive instruction in American Sign Language 1 and American Sign Language 2.
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons to all students in the courses.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment, and behaviors of one’s students
• Develop and use instructional material suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturity.
• Facilitate student learning by enriching standard curriculum materials and instruction with a variety of engaging instructional aids and activities.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Mrs. Judy Luttrell Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideal candidate will have a BA in Deaf Studies or equivalent, experience teaching ASL in a high school.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Joseph High School (Lakewood)
5825 North Woodruff Avenue
Lakewood, CA email@example.com