Join our team to promote respect for self, others and the environment in a safe and supportive Catholic learning community that fosters discovery and the development of each student’s unique spiritual, emotional, physical and intellectual potential.
As a member of St. Mark School and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, you will work primarily in the Extended Pride (After School) program. A qualified applicant will possess the desire to mentor and support our young scholars (students), be solution-oriented and have a deep passion to learn and develop one’s own Professional Development. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
– Work cooperatively and collaboratively with school staff, parents and community
– Assist in the supervision, academic, and emotional support of students during program
– Tutor students during “Homework Club” and communicate with parents progress of student performance when needed
– Create and deliver Lesson Plans
– Incorporate interactive and engaging educational activities
– Prepare and serve snacks
– Collaborate with teachers and other school staff members
Skills and Qualifications:
– Passion to work with children (Grades TK-8)
– At least 1 year experience working with children in a classroom setting preferred
– Serve in lieu of Director when needed
– Report directly to the Director of After School Programs
– This position requires the candidate to be available at a minimum of 5 days per week (Monday-Thursday) 2:00pm-6:00pm and Friday 12:00pm-6:00pm
– Occasionally start time is 12:00pm all week
– Commit to a regular part time shift during the 2020-2021 academic school year
– Ability to read and write in English, foreign second language desirable
– High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate and/or 48 college units preferred
– All majors and talents are welcome to apply!
Please email your resume to Alicia Sowah at firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mark Elementary School (Venice)
912 Coeur d’Alene Avenue
Venice, CA email@example.com