Summary: The Advancement Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement (DOA) and works closely and cooperatively with the Data Systems Administrator, Director of
Annual Giving, Director of Special Events and Alumnae Relations, and the rest of the Advancement team on all projects and programs which advance the purposes of
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy’s fundraising and engagement efforts. This is a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
Gift Entry and Acknowledgements
- Enters all donations into Raiser’s Edge database
- Generates appropriate acknowledgement letters, gift receipts, pledge reminders and pledge receipts for all donations to the school in collaboration with the Data Systems Administrator and in adherence to the guidelines of the office
- Makes donor thank-you calls
- Maintains scanned copy files on all donors and hard copy files as required
- Inputs parent service hours into database and generates parent service reports
- Monitors pledge payments due, paying attention to and flagging those payments needing the special attention of the DOA
Office Management and Support
- Maintains copies of expenses incurred by the Advancement Office along with the reimbursement requests sent to the Business Office
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies and stationary and oversees the maintenance of computers, printers, faxes, copies and phones, and assists with all other logistical aspects of efficient Advancement Office operation
- Manages both the incoming and outgoing mail for the Advancement Office
- Schedules meetings, sets appointments, supplies directions, mails meeting confirmations and tracks follow-up for special fundraising projects
- Provides clerical support to professional staff
- Helps generate rosters and lists as needed and maintains attendance lists that track donor activities and interests
- Scans and files correspondence from parents, alumnae, and other members of the community
Support for Special Events
- Manages guest lists and RSVP’s; enters payment information and processes acknowledgement letters for events including, but not limited to, Gala, Golf Tournament, Grandparents’ Day and alumnae events
- Coordinates silent and live auction items for Golf and Gala
- Staffs special events to process on-site registrations and payments
Other Job Functions: Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years administrative support experience, preferably in a school setting
- Experience with donor database software required, Raiser’s Edge proficiency preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including proficiency generating reports and mailings with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to deal pleasantly and intelligently with our various constituencies
- Must possess accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work with confidential financial information
- Some flexibility in schedule during busy times of the year and when special events require evening or extended hours is needed
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands required for writing and data entry
- Sits 50% or more of the workday
- Sight, hearing and speech are essential for communication
- Lifts up to 10 pounds without assistance.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We offer a rich and supportive environment, and a chance to make a difference in this important position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada)
440 Saint Katherine Dr.
La Canada, CA firstname.lastname@example.org