St. Monica Catholic Schools are part of the St. Monica Catholic Community, located in the city of Santa Monica, California. St. Monica Catholic Elementary School, founded in 1930, serves students from TK – 8. SMCES strives to provide a holistic Catholic education to Faithful Learners who are Young Citizens of the World. St. Monica Catholic High School, founded in 1937, serves students from grades 9 through 12. As a college preparatory school, SMCHS offers a comprehensive academic program that includes college prep, AP and honors courses as well as a strong selection of electives and extracurricular activities. Both schools work with the parish mission of “forming loving disciples who will transform the world.”
Summary of Job:
St. Monica Catholic Schools seeks a highly skilled professional to serve as the Advancement Associate, supporting the schools’ Advancement Office. The primary responsibilities for the individual in this position will be to support projects related to admissions, fundraising and community building in support of St. Monica’s strategic goals and mission. The Advancement Associate will assist with community engagement, special events, communications, marketing, and related activities. The qualified individual in this position will be actively engaged on a daily basis with all constituents of the school, including current and prospective parents, alumni, parishioners, faculty, and staff.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Advancement Operations, the Advancement Associate will work with members of the schools’ advancement team in support areas. This position is a member of the schools’ advancement team which works with both schools; the team includes: Directors of Advancement, Advancement Operations, Admissions, and Special Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Advancement Associate will:
– Assist in the organization of all admissions material/applicant admissions folders, phone calls, and all other event duties during the admissions time frame (October – March);
– Provide support for annual and special events: assistance with setup and takedown; online auction software (set up, data entry, and follow-through); technology assistance with projectors, music playlists, and event slideshows; and basic event photography;
– Provide ongoing support of the Raiser’s Edge database including updating constituent information, creating new records, and data cleanup;
– Support communications efforts and partner with Advancement colleagues to develop content for a social media presence, various email and direct mail marketing campaigns, and website content;
– Create basic graphics to be used for parent communiques, Parent newsletters, email blasts;
– Assist with organization and inventory of school memorabilia;
– Participate in key community events throughout the school year;
– Additional duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree;
Experience: A minimum of one to three years of professional experience and/or relevant experience in education or another industry or field;
Skills and Qualifications:
– Strong proficiency with Google Workplace and Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel;
– Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or a similar client relationship management tool or database;
– Demonstrated ability to manage and multi-task a diverse range of projects with an unflagging commitment to detail. Strong organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, oral, and written communication skills;
– Creative and resourceful self-starter with proven ability to initiate and follow through on projects;
– Understands the urgency of requests and meets deadlines in a timely manner with a great deal of accuracy.
St. Monica Catholic Schools provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our schools comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than November 10, 2021 although review of resumes will start as they are received. Please add Advancement Associate to the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Schools’ Information: For more information visit our websites: stmonicachs.org and stmonicaces.org.
St. Monica Catholic Schools (Santa Monica)
1011 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org