Notre Dame High School is a co-ed Catholic school in the Holy Cross Tradition. We are currently seeking a full-time Database and Donor Relations Assistant to start immediately within the Notre Dame High School’s Advancement Department.
The Database and Donor Relations Assistant reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with the Advancement, Business, and Technology office staff. This position requires understanding of data systems for the Advancement office, including database, donation, financial, and event management software. This is a fundraising position that works directly with donors, foundations, alumni, and staff. There are four primary areas of responsibility:
1) Database management (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT)
2) Gift processing, including entry and acknowledgement
3) Donor relations and research
4) Coordination of stewardship activities
5) Administrative support for outreach and giving initiatives
This position requires proficiency with technology and the ability to work with donors and Advancement staff on events throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have an understanding and capacity to learn and become an expert on current CRM software.
• Input and maintain constituency database, including gift entry, updating donor contact information, processing donations and online transactions.
• Assist with updating the Raiser’s Edge NXT database to ensure program enables maximum efficiency as a constituent relationship management system consistent with established data entry guidelines. This includes periodic maintenance of duplicate records, managing wealth screening and prospect research data, updating relationships, managing opt-outs, and importing additional data as needed.
• Generate queries, reports, and exports for mailings, events, analysis, and tracking of fundraising results.
• Contribute to the organization’s effective use of electronic communication by creating queries as requested for bulk emails and managing the email opt-out process using e-mail system reports.
• Work with school Business Office to coordinate fundraising income/pledge reporting, audits/reconciliation, scholarship fund accounting, etc.
• Assist with training of staff and volunteers with access to the Raiser’s Edge NXT, OneCause, and other related systems.
• Process gifts, donations, and donor acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
• Manage and coordinate various stewardship activities for the annual fund.
• Manage donor data using Raiser’s Edge NXT and generate all necessary reports on a monthly and annual basis.
• Support and assist the Advancement Office with donor and prospect research.
• Comfortable interacting with donors and various constituencies (parents, faculty, staff, alumni)
• Prepare donor records and donation information for publication on the school website, year-end annual report, and other school publications.
• Update account contact and other information to ensure accuracy of data (correct addresses, phone, and email information) using constituent contact, USPS data, Raiser’s Edge NXT reports, etc.
• Provide administrative support such as answering phones, interacting with vendors, processing mail, maintaining files, etc.
• Assist Advancement Office at events using OneCause auction software program.
• Work with the Advancement Office staff to process payments and donations for events and to acknowledge donors/constituents following events.
• Coordinate “Stewardship/Thank You” events throughout the year.
• Work with Technology department staff and participate in the overall school Technology program and data management.
• Complete relevant ongoing training (webinars, workshops) to stay current on best practices.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and experience with database and/or accounting software, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Minimum of two years of database and/or donor management experience highly preferred.
Skills and/or Abilities
This position is an exempt position which exercises independent judgement and requires strong technology skills, including proficiency in database management programs. Proficiency in MS Office, with advanced experience in MS Excel required. Experience with donor/constituent management and event management systems such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT and OneCause preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Additional skills/abilities include:
• Comfortable in supporting the Catholic, Holy Cross mission of Notre Dame High School.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to process and track donations and import/export raw data to/from donor database.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, including donor information.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills with donors and staff.
• Ability to work well with others, exercise sound judgment, and work occasional flexible hours (including evening and weekend work as needed).
• Ability to train and effectively manage/direct/utilize staff and volunteers at events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Passing a background check of driving and criminal history is required. All adults working in a school environment within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles must be fingerprinted and VIRTUS certified.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter by email.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Drive
Sherman Oaks, CA email@example.com