Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women in grades nine through twelve, is searching for an Admissions Coordinator. The Admissions Coordinator is a self-starting, detail-oriented, dedicated, and creative professional who works collaboratively with the Director of Admissions and the Associate Director of Admissions. The employee will work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that entails engaging with prospective families in person and on social media, giving presentations, traveling to events – especially during peak recruitment season, and organizing various admissions activities.
The responsibilities of the Admissions Coordinator are to:
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions and the Associate Director of Admissions in all recruitment and admissions programs, including assisting with:
a) the development, production, and implementation of all printed and electronic materials pertaining to recruitment and marketing efforts with the purpose of promoting the school’s visibility
b) all aspects of publicity through the school’s website, advertising, and press releases
c) leading recruitment team visits to feeder elementary and middle schools for day and evening presentations, particularly during the fall admissions season
d) serving as a contact with feeder school principals, parents, and students through personal visits as well as written and telephone communication
e) planning and organizing all recruitment/admissions weekend events
f) providing engaging campus tours to prospective students and parents
g) efficient and effective coordination and organization of admissions materials submitted by applicants
h) the administration of entrance examinations and admissions interviews
i) the evaluation of each applicant’s qualifications, and participating as a member of the admissions committee
• Speak publicly to prospective students on and off campus about the school curriculum and programs.
• Contribute to a strong online social media presence to provide relevant, up-to-date, and interesting information to maximize engagement with prospective families, current school community, and alumnae.
• Ensure effective communication and prompt follow-up to prospective families on the phone and via email.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
• holds a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years school admissions, marketing, or public relations experience; knowledge of Secondary Education preferred.
• possesses high energy, ability to take initiative, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to organize effectively.
• is able to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• communicates effectively orally and in writing and is an effective public speaker. Spanish proficiency desirable, but not required.
• is able to work productively in a team environment
• holds a valid driver’s license, dependable car, insurance, and the ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
• works both independently and collaboratively.
• is proficient in current technologies, especially with Microsoft Office and Adobe.
• is dedicated to the mission and philosophy of Immaculate Heart High School.
Interested candidates should email the following to email@example.com
• A cover letter expressing the applicant’s interest in the position
• A current resume with three references, including candidate’s current or most recent direct supervisor
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org