Position: Admissions and Mission Advancement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Mission Advancement
About St. Mary’s Academy
St. Mary’s Academy (SMA) is a Catholic High School for young women, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Together with the students’ families, the administration, faculty and staff are committed to forming a Christian community that nurtures and challenges each young woman to attain her full potential. This effort is consistently characterized by respect for the individual, service to the “dear neighbor,” academic excellence; preparation for higher education and the empowerment of young women who are inspired to take their places in an ever-changing world. This education promotes the formation and integral development of young women from various backgrounds and cultures and provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit that has made St. Mary’s Academy unique.
● Manage the admission application platform, SchoolAdmin.
● Process and file all admissions related correspondence and documentation for new and transfer students.
● Maintain and compile relevant data on all aspects of the recruitment and admissions process.
● Collect and prepare prospective student applications for admission evaluation.
● Correspond with prospective students, answering inquiries via email, phone, or in-person meetings regarding the admissions process, program requirements, deadlines, and other related information.
● Support the organization and coordination of School Visits, Campus Tours, Belle-for-a-Day, Open House, HSPT, Interviews, and other Admissions events.
● Perform other “admissions’” duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions, Director of Mission Advancement and Head of School
● Accept, document and track all donations.
● Maintain accurate donor records and updating contact information in the donor management system, physically and electronically.
● Assist in the creation of donor communications, including acknowledgment letters, newsletters, email campaigns, and social media updates.
● Assist in the planning, execution, and follow-up of fundraising activities and events, including direct mailings, online fundraising efforts, and special events.
● Conduct research on potential grant opportunities, assist in grant proposal writing, and compile necessary documentation for grant applications.
● Manage and maintain a database of accurate alumnae information, including contact details, career updates, and engagement preferences.
● Assist in the maintenance of regular communication with alumnae through various channels (email, social media, newsletters), updating them on news, events, and opportunities related to SMA.
● Organize and coordinate alumnae events, such as reunions, networking gatherings, workshops, or social activities.
● Collects news and information about the members of the alumni for publication.
● Gather and produce content for the alumnae and donor magazine.
● Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Mission Advancement, including scheduling meetings and preparing materials for presentations.
● Lead by modeling the school’s core values and serving as an exemplar of the mission: treating all stakeholders with empathy, love and care, modeling excellence in your work, prioritizing effectively, following through with commitments, communicating with integrity, serving others, spreading optimism and joy.
● Approach your professional practice through a developmental lens, and enthusiastically participate in professional development; seek and apply feedback from leadership and from colleagues in the interest of growth; demonstrate drive and independence in accessing resources to further your own improvement.
● Contribute fully, intentionally, and constructively to the team in a range of contexts; collaborate with integrity, humility, commitment, and joy to ensure the foundation of trust that will enable the team to accomplish its ambitious goals.
● Embrace the team’s goals and the results we achieve as the collective responsibility of the entire SMA team; collaborate with colleagues to maximize the team’s impact; seek opportunities to push the team, to laugh with colleagues, and to recognize and celebrate the team’s accomplishments.
● Exhibit a commitment to equity by providing and targeting every opportunity and resource to obtain comparably high academic and other positive outcomes for every student.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment (serve), intellectual curiosity (learn), openness to growth (live), joy (love) that are central to the character of our team. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role/ sector
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
● Strong data collection, data entry, and data management skills.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Excellent communication and customer relation skills
● Bilingual (Spanish)
● Proficiency in SchoolAdmin, Constant Contact, Salsa CRM
Compensation and Benefits:
• Hourly wage based on work experience. Hourly wage: $19.00 – $22.00.
• Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• Retirement (403B Plan)
• Competitive School Holiday Schedule
• Faith Opportunities
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent explaining your interest in St. Mary’s Academy. Please include ways in which you would contribute to the mission and what elements of your background and experience make you a good candidate for our community. Please also attach a resume and a list of references with your submission. Intent letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Avenue
Inglewood, CA email@example.com