DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Engages in and supports a collaborative culture within and beyond the office and is responsible for the procedures implemented in the ORE.
• Promotes a positive working relationship with his/her coordinator(s) as assigned.
• May be assigned to support more than one coordinator within the office.
• Uses computer to type from handwritten material or rough draft copy; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling; may edit for clarity or effectiveness. May take and transcribe dictation.
• Composes and revises correspondence, reports and memos with minimal input from supervisor.
• Checks various forms for completeness and accuracy.
• Opens, sorts and distributes mail.
• Makes travel arrangements.
• Files, including set-up, updates and organization.
• Creates, maintains and updates various records files and publications, hard copy and electronic.
• Provides backup support to all clerical support staff.
• May supervise the daily activities of volunteers including assigning and reviewing work and providing training and direction as necessary.
• May handle payment for services and fees (received as cash or checks) and prepare deposits and receipts to give to ORE Bookkeeper. May keep financial records on all programs of the coordinator(s) he/she supports and generate reports as needed.
• Along with coordinator, manages offering of service through the ADLA Store.
• May perform written or verbal translation (English/Spanish) as necessary.
• Prepares and arranges meetings and workshops.
• Performs research duties to obtain information; collates, organizes and summarizes data for review and action by others.
• Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Two years of secretarial training.
• Minimum of two – four years’ experience in increasing responsible secretarial positions preferably including some experience within the Church.
• Web-based application especially those that deal with customer management (OREMUS)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Archdiocesan and Church policies, procedures and organization.
• Current word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Office procedures and business etiquette.
• English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Basic workings of social media platforms in use by the office.
• Typing at a minimum of 45 wpm.
• Web applications and their usage.
• Short range organizational planning.
• Operate standard office equipment and computer.
• Written and oral communication. For positions requiring bilingual skills, the incumbent must also be fluent in English and Spanish or other required language.
• Formatting and generating reports.
• Public contact.
• Demonstrate effective writing skills to summarize information and prepare correspondence independently.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Coordinate and delegate various activities with efficiency.
• Display sensitivity to various situations and needs.
• Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
Office of Religious Education (Los Angeles)
3024 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org