St. Peter Claver Office of Faith Formation is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative duties and support to the offices of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry. The Administrative Assistant is an active Catholic with a desire to enable others to grow in their relationship with Jesus and His Church. This position requires a person with a willingness to provide administrative duties and support to the offices of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry.
- Maintain communication between Office of Faith Formation and parishioners, Parish Office, Youth Ministry Office, and Pre-School Office.
- Maintain various program excel spreadsheets to track registration, payments, and participation.
- Care for the Safeguard the Children requirements for the parish including scheduling Fingerprinting, Virtus/Keeping the Promise workshops, sending in our Empowering God’s Children numbers, and preparing and sending in the annual parish report.
- Prepare and assist with Faith Formation, Confirmation, and Missions of Mercy registrations.
- Maintain Faith Formation budget.
- Answer telephone, care for phone messages and emails, and greet visitors.
- Support Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry in caring for volunteers, seasonal community mailers, parish giveaways and experiences, family retreats, and celebration of Sacraments.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community, willing to grow deeper in faith while working together in the mission of the Church.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or office experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Available to work weekends as needed and some evenings.
St. Peter Claver Church (Simi Valley)
5649 Pittman St.
Simi Valley, CA firstname.lastname@example.org