POSITION SUMMARY: As a representative of the Roman Catholic Church, there is the expectation of the Administrative Assistant to conduct oneself according to the goals and mission of the Church. Under the direction of the Pastor and Youth Minister the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties in the support of Youth Ministry, Confirmation and others, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists the Youth Minister in executing parish goals and objectives
• Organize and maintain departmental paperwork, records, and files.
• Maintain various program excel spreadsheets to track registration, payments, and participation.
• Fosters communication and works collaboratively with all parish employees as needed
• Communicate and engage with students and families through various forms of media (social, print, video etc.)
• Maintains security of both persons and information at all times, respects confidentiality and privacy
• Responsible for keeping current on Virtus training
• Performs other routine clerical duties as requested such as simply typing lists, envelopes or other items, filing, folding and stuffing envelopes, etc.
• Responsible for sacramental registry for confirmation program
• Partner with office support staff in completion of duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum education of High School graduate or equivalent
• 2+ years in office administration, preference will be give to those that have prior parish administrative experience, particularly youth ministry.
• Must have a working knowledge of the Catholic Church policies
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, well organized, and ability to perform well in a busy office environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Reliability, punctuality and pride in excellence
• Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
• Flexibility in work schedule
• Willingness to agree to criminal background check and fingerprinting through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and attend Virtus training session
• Proficient with Office 365: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of: Event Registration Software, Database Management, Adobe Creative Suite (desirable).
Weekly work schedule consists of twenty (20) hours per week (some weekends and evenings will be required)
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications to email@example.com
Write “Administrative Assistant for Youth Ministry” in the subject line of your email. Please no phone calls.
St. Lawrence Martyr (Redondo Beach)
1940 S. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org