St. Bruno Catholic Parish, located in Whittier, CA, is expanding our Youth and Family Ministry Team. We are seeking an individual responsible for coordinating registration, database, and multiple layers of communication for Youth and Family ministries and/or events. This includes retreats, summer events, sacrament preparation, and special events.
– Coordinate online registration and appropriate paperwork for Youth and Family ministries and/or events.
– Maintain master and segmented database(s) for Youth and Family ministries including basic info, finances, service hours, attendance tracking, etc.
– Coordinate reminder and important notices into a communication plan for Youth and Family ministries.
– Responsible for large scale communication through various forms of media.
– Develop a system to ensure smooth and secure check-in and check-out processes at all events.
– Manage sacrament certificates for Youth and Family ministries.
– Oversee Service Hour projects including creation and execution.
– Execute necessary tasks ensuring the success of retreats and special events.
– Maintain individual profiles for all volunteers and exercise diligence in assuring compliance with Archdiocesan/Parish Safeguard the Children policies.
– Maintain effective working relationships with parish/school staff and all other ministries to coordinate activities as appropriate.
– Supports philosophy and goals of the Church; attends services; assists with ministries and similar activities.
– Keeps the Director of Youth & Family Ministry informed regarding accomplishments/needs/unusual events.
– Perform other functions as required by the Pastor and/or Director of Youth & Family Ministry.
Who We Are Looking For
– We desire someone with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills that thrives in a highly relational environment and works well on a team.
– Decisive, responsive, and adaptable to change in an often-fast paced environment.
– Ability to plan, short and long term, while organizing workload and proactive in seeking out solutions.
– Knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Chimp, Event Registration Software, Database Management, Adobe Creative Suite (desirable).
– Has parish administrative experience, particularly youth ministry.
Here Is What Makes This Position Unique
– You will work in a team environment with three other Youth and Family Ministry staff members.
– We have a supportive pastor, staff, and parish community who desire the best for our young people.
– We recognize the need for balance. In order to have dynamic ministries, our staff realizes the importance of a work-life balance.
– St. Bruno Youth and Family Ministry is a vibrant ministry community currently serving 400+ young people and their families!
1. Practicing Catholic whose relationship with Jesus and the Church is active, personal, and life changing. This is life lived to the fullest that is contagious for young people and their families.
2. Will complete the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Virtus Certification.
3. Ability to professionally communicate and build relationships with both young people and adults.
4. A degree in theology, religious studies, or related field or working towards a degree in one of those areas is preferred.
25 hours per week (typically Monday-Friday from 9:00am-2:00pm but some flexibility is required)
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, then take the next step and send your cover letter, resume, and application to: email@example.com
St. Bruno Catholic Church (Whittier)
15740 Citrustree Rd
Whittier, CA firstname.lastname@example.org